Help! New to the forum.

hunterthetipman

Jan 2, 2013
KY
Hello

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I am new to the forum. Just bought my sons a 2001 200cc Blaster, and the other day playing in the snow the chain came off. I go the chain back on and the blaster will not go anywhere now. Is this a clutch issue, or did the rear go out. Any help on where to look will greatly be appreciated. If this is a repeat please point me in the right direction.

Hello

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I am new to the forum. Just bought my sons a 2001 200cc Blaster, and the other day playing in the snow the chain came off. I go the chain back on and the blaster will not go anywhere now. Is this a clutch issue, or did the rear go out. Any help on where to look will greatly be appreciated. If this is a repeat please point me in the right direction.

did you bust a hole in the cases?

Sorry not use to this forum, did not know anyone answered. If there is no wait on the rear tires the wheels will spin freely, and when in gear they will turn, as soon as you put weight on the rear nothing. The case is not cracked and there is no holes in it. The blaster will start and run no problem.

sounds like bad bearings in the axle carrier.
remove chain, get it up on blocks, check for grinding sounds when truning the axle and back/forth axle movement.
if any present, the carrier will need rebuilt with new bearingas and seals

sounds like bad bearings in the axle carrier.
remove chain, get it up on blocks, check for grinding sounds when truning the axle and back/forth axle movement.
if any present, the carrier will need rebuilt with new bearingas and seals

when i replaced my axle bearings in my 2002 model i got one out but the other was being a biotch to come out grandad was hammering still nothing in the end we had to put his gas bottles on he uses for welding and melt the bearing to get it out. just heads up if they haven't been replaced for ages. :)

when i replaced my axle bearings in my 2002 model i got one out but the other was being a biotch to come out grandad was hammering still nothing in the end we had to put his gas bottles on he uses for welding and melt the bearing to get it out. just heads up if they haven't been replaced for ages.

Similar experice here. But both were in pretty bad shape. I wound up putting the carrier in a vice and using a stock tie rod through the carrier housing to knock the bearings out the other side. I took quite a bit of work but they both eventually came out.

So you don't think it is the clutch then? Well looks like I have some work this weekend. Thanks for the help and advice on where to start looking.

Alright. There was no noise coming from the rear of the ATV. I pulled the case cover off and looked at the clutch pack, The clutch plates (friction plates) were not blue but did show alot of signs of wear. How deep are the the rivets suppose to be on the friction plates. Mine were pretty shallow.

Are you talking the dimples in the steels, or grooves in frictions? Steels only couple thou, frictions maybe 1/32 or less. Clutch would not make noise if bad.

Take the chain off, and while roating main shaft clutch is on shift into each gear and spin shaft listening for noise in each gear. Shaft has to be moving and sometimes you even have to put a little drag on the sprocket while spinning and shifting (3 hands) in order to bench test trans. Also look for signs that maybe chain was rubbing on frame, swing arm, swingarm roller.

Just an update...........I replaced the clutch plates and steels and the Blaster is up and running. It worked well this weekend at horseshoe bend.