help me please

byrnes

Jun 24, 2009
NJ
i have a 2005 blaster never had a problem with it its all stock besides an airfilter i change the oil often and take pretty good care of it but lately when i ride it, doesnt shift into second... sometimes it does and some times it just wont click up and i noticed going in too fifth was kind of hard last time i rode it but since this is happening i totally stopped riding it till i figure out whats wrong with it so any suggestions would be nice thanks

Check you clutch adjustment. Your clutch cable may be stretching some from age.it may rite on the border of disengaging and maybe that's why it hard to shift sometimes.after you make sure your clutch is disengaging properly or not, we can go from there.

so basically the general consumption is the clutch right not like gears? cause that would really suck

it's pretty hard to mess up the gears. at the worst it will be a shift fork. check out the clutch first you have to pull the right side cover to check it out.

You have to take it in steps to find out what's wrong.first check your cable and adjustment. Step two:check the the clutch it self.make sure it's adjusted so the arm is lined up to the mark on the case.check the little ball at the end of the transfer rode,check the clutch and damage and wear,check the clutch plates.this is what I'm talking about when I say you have to check stuff in steps.

^^^ absolutely on the right track

It could be gears but it's much less likely that it's the actual gears as it is some other part of the drivetrain causing the gears to clash.

okay will deffinately get on checkin out this week when i have some time thank you for the help i will most likely be back on to have more questions through out doing it thanks again