Help me please??

bigdblaster

Feb 17, 2008
Kittanning.Pa
Ok i got my motor and my bi toomey pipe kit so i put jets and set needle third clip down i know the main jet they gave me is like a 310 or something,i got gas pouring out the overflow likes it not 4 bucks a gallon.i got to looken at the carb and noticed that i might be missing my idle screw im not sure that would make a difference it just wouldnt idle right..i took the bowl off and the floats are moving up and down..and im thinkin my choke isnt working either if i pull it and try to start it does nothing if i turn it off then hit the gas as i kick it it trys to start blows smoke but wont fire up wth should i do please help im gonna order my idle screw and new choke to see but im kinda pissed my leg hurts like hell

hey...this is pretty common, your float is sticking and usually this is caused by the little torpedoe looking thing ( forget the name sorry guys ) that hangs from it...take it apart clean it real good ( including the orifice ) and then reassemble if that doesnt work than replace the torpedoe thing and your float bowl gasket...fix's mine everytime. Carbpartswarehouse has good prices and fast delivery if you need the parts, hope this helps!

would that cause it not to start along with the idle screw is missing i think it wants to then it dont then when i open the choke it wont do anything its getting spark cause i get smoke so it is trying to burn the fuel

yeah i figured that out lol anyone know wha tthe knob or screw on top the tors does i screwwed it all the way out but i also have the tors disconnected so i didnt think that would matter

so that could be my prob other than my floats are sticking i screwed that biotch all the way out u guys ever just get so frustrated that u wanna smash sh*t i do just lucky my leg hurt from kickin the beast or i would of walked over and through a hammer through my garage windows

Is it flooding out when you kick it? because if your floats stuck and the overflow is full then its probally going to flood out!! I dont know though!! Just a thought.

will if i choke it and kick it it wont do anything. if i give it alittle gas it trys to start but wont im gonna check spark again but it has spark the plug is wet so it is getting gas to combustion chamber i dont understand im about to push it in a fire i disconnect the tors but didnt take it off and if u adjust the nob on it it moves the slide up and down wtf im thinkin i just need a new carb

If you have gas flowing out the overflow then You need to pull the bowl.

something is holding the needle valve open., Trash, Float....?

If you don't have a spare plug pull it and let it dry, (you could use a new one)
If you have alcohol, lacquer thinner,acetone,brake parts cleaner. I would clean the plug with it. It drys fast and leaves no residue.

After you get the carb sorted out,and plug clean,kick the engine over with the plug out a couple times. I would use this time to test that the plug firing. It will also blow excess fuel from the cylinder.

Then install plug and see how it goes.

Later Glen

i got carb workin but not firing i have spark but not sure if it enough it seems to me like its getting to much gas idk im just gonna take it somewhere i think it is so close to starting then it dont it puffs smoke but thats it

i'm having the same problem, gonna try to pull out the carb and bust out a can of carb + choke cleaner. but ya mines is acting the same, it just puffs smoke, previous owner said it worked last year so ya i guess it's gotta be the carb.