Help me !! Important !!

i ran 10w-30, cheap as hell "dollar store" oil in my '96, from brand new till i sold it 8+ yrs. later, but i changed it often, sold it with the stock clutch not slipping.
the trans and clutch just need lubed and cooled, it doesnt matter much what that is, except it needs kept changed and clean

you guys are great !! thanks for all the help but bad news lol -

today i completely took the carb off and took it apart with the video from the past post and i cleaned it all so nice and shinny made sure the floater is clean i mean this carb is CLEAN !!! now the problem .. i made sure all the holes were clear and gas was going in the bowl ,, still no start so i dropped half a cap full of gas/oil premixed in the spark plug hole and gave it a kick - and it started for 2 seconds and died.. so im guessing after all the carb cleaning the carb is bad .. correct ?

Dont do that plug hole trick again, if the oil pump has a problem you will be getting no oil to the bottom end ! Disconnect the oil injection and pre mix at 32:1 with 2 stroke motorcycle oil!

Check the compression, and for air leaks.

If you must pour fuel into the motor, to get it to run, put it in where it is supposed to go, the carb. And make sure there is 2 stroke oil in the mix.

like i posted above, take at least the carb, if not whole bike to a shop and have them do it for you
you're close though, to both......making it run, or frying it

so i removed the carb again and cleaned it again and.... BANG !!!! the bike STARTED right up on the second kick !! its starts and stays idle with no problems but now when i go to give it gas no matter if its in "N" or 1st gear its stalls ... what could this problem be ?

If it putters to a complete stop when you give it throttle, there could still be a blockage in the fuel system, or there is an air leak somewhere.

If it just will not pick up in revs the TORS system on top of the carb may be playing up , or the park brake is applied..

Last edited: