HELP HOLE in EXHAUST!

yamahablaster91

Mar 31, 2010
hey guy i got a 1991 blaster all stock. and you know the original pipe where it slips into two, there is that rubber piece with two clamps holding it down, well there is a hole in the rubber piece that i just realized yesterday through the hole i can see another hole. im not sure if its just the two pipes that split or a hole in the exhaust. well let me tell you it sounds better lol and i dont know if its me but it feels like its got more power now?! my main question is, is leaving that hole or whatever it is good or bad for the engine. the hole is not on the expansion chamber so i dont see why it good be bad, thanks guys !!!:S

It probably seems to be going better as the stock muffler is very restrictive.

If you are going to keep it that way it may pay to do a plug chop to see wether the jetting is correct.

yeah, fix it by getting a piece of heater hose from your autoparts store and cutting it to size to use as a replacement to the stock rubber piece. Couple hose clamps will likely be needed as well.

i had a tiny hole in my exhaust (its about as round as a pencil) i fixxed it by putting "instant steel" over it. (that epoxy putty that sets in like 2 minutes) i have not had any problems with it and it holds up to the heat too.

either way, the hole is not supposed to be there, close it up or better yet, throw the whole exhaust away and replace with a FMF or Toomey

It wont hurt jetting if its after the expansion chamber i ran my yz250 with no silencer and it ran fine the silencer controls the soind.. lenght of silencer will also change the point the power band hits.. a short silencer moves the powerband up some and a longer one shifts in lower