Help, Blaster wont start.

sik_blaster

Dec 11, 2011
Im trying to get my Blaster started before the snow hits to have some fun on it, I replaced the coil, cdi box, as well as the spark plug. I think it may be the stator...but others have advised me against that being the problem.
So here is the scenario:
It ran good for a while..it took a few kicks to start but it ran and i had a ton of fun on it, but then my friend was riding it and it just died while he had it out in a field, couldn't get it started after that. I bought a new coil (actually 2), cdi box, and the spark seems really weak. It a pitch black shop you can barely see the spark. It is getting fuel, so I know it isnt a line or a plugged jet..I also bought a new plug and that didnt help...it has compression, and it is getting gas so Im almost positive that it is something in the fuel delivery.

I am in the process of removing my TORS now, so if anyone has any good links, I have my whole harness off my blaster. That is another thing that ran across my mind..would the TORS possibly be causing it not to start? would advancing the timing help?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advancing timing wont make it spark any better.

Bad earths are renowned to produce a poor spark.

Run a meter over the stator coil to see if it is near the specs.

If you have a weak spark and you changed the cdi and coil my next step would be a stator swap. Check all your wireing close as well.

thats what I was thinking.....i am in the process of redoing the harness to remove the TORS..do you know what wires arent needed or is there a link or a thread that you could point me to that would have that information?

to remove the tors you just unplug everything...... carb, throttle and brain under the hood (88-02)
03+ gets each set of wires connected together coming out of the brain

heres a link to the manual, it has electrical troubleshooting, and wiring diagrams.......

http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf