help 1st build 240 kit

ismokedit1

May 17, 2011
I have an 06 special edition just dropped bottom end off to get rebuilt. Bought a weisco bottom end kit . I had head brought to machine shop to get milled for .40 . Bought a wsm .40 piston kit. I changed my mind with using that piston. I decided to go big bought la sleeve 72mm and piston. I already had fmf exhaust on there. My concerns when getting it back and installing what changes are gonna be nesscary as far as carb, do I have to change jets ? What exactly has to be blocked as far as oil injection block off? Next question would be what oil mix recommended ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

You should grab at least a 34mm carb. Get a keihin. And to block off oil injection correctly you should buy a kit, but most just take off the stupid tank and fill the tubes with RTV. Lastly, use 32:1 premix. Doesn't matter what lubricant, just whatever you prefer.

So the stock carb with a bigger jet won't feed its thirst. I'm new to all this but to mix oil can you use any stroke oil. Is synthetic recommended

No, stock carb most likely would not feed it. Also, some examples of premix oil are Klotz, Amsoil, Yamalube, etc. Just make sure it is not injection oil.

Yes I have sleeve and piston. I m almost considering using .40 piston again so I don't have to buy another carb. Is the 240 kit gonna give me that much more HP.