Hello!!

masterhacker

Jul 21, 2010
Hi, I recently bought a 98 blaster, I found it on Craig's list, it said "smokes alot" in the ad, i went to look at It, thinking I could rebuild the top end,anyways, I rode it around, and noticed oil was leaking out of the over flow hose on the crank case, so I bought it for $300, got it home, and drained about 3 1/2 quarts out of it, threw the right amount of oil in (about 3/4 of a quart I believe), and it quit smoking (except for the 2 stroke exhaust obviously), ooh yeah, it has Dg nerf bars, a Dg pipe, offset wheels (at least I think they are), and a 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers on back

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 90
dg pipes are trash and seem to be popping up everywhere now. IDK why.

oil is obviously seeping in somewhere and you need to find out why and where. before you cause any more probs to the blasty.

BTW nice score and welcome to the forum!

dg pipes are trash and seem to be popping up everywhere now. IDK why.

oil is obviously seeping in somewhere and you need to find out why and where. before you cause any more probs to the blasty.

The oil was just WAAAYYYYY overfilled, it had a redicolus amount of oil in it Damn near 4 quarts if I had to take a guess, after I put the correct amount in, It stopped smoking, also stopped leaking through the over flow tube, i did the same thing with my lawn mower once (over filled the oil), and it smoked like that

and I agree that pipe looks just like the stock one (size wise anyways) so I could see It being trash, I plan on getting a FMF FATTY Pipe

size doesn't matter its the complicated bends and such in a pipe. you will be surpised how much a GOOD pipe will help power wise.

there are much better pipes than fmf such as shearer, toomey, F7 (power pros), and tons more just name a few. i consider my self to be the pipe expert. lol. glad ya got the oil thing under control.

tranny oil is completely seperate from combustion. your should be able to fill the trans completely full without it getting into combustion. if the motor is sealed correcly, it cannot get in. if it does get in something is not sealing and you will blow it up.