Hello from Michigan

CooklamuK

Oct 17, 2014
Michigan
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums here and have had a Blaster for about 7 or 8 years. I just started modding it this year and figured, what the heck, time to join this forum page.

Currently on my bike I have a Banshee axle, front wheel flip, 18x10x8 Ambush rear tires, and a 14T front sprocket. I currently have a V-Force 4 reed and a full Toomey B-1 pipe kit coming in the mail :D

Some future mods I'll be getting are some +3 A arms, nerf guards, different front and rear shocks, oil block off kit, and maybe a 240 bigbore kit (way down the line).

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having me be a part of the forums

- Nick

IMG_20573774206093.jpeg
IMG_20568290766356.jpeg

Reactions: PRChrist
Welcome to the forum !!!
Nice blaster and Toomey b1 + VF4 reeds with the air box lid off and proper jetting you will notice a huge improvement ;)

Reactions: CooklamuK
Jet and plug chop to the pipe when it comes in. Use genuine mikuni jets.
Thanks for the tip! The pipe kit comes with a 310 jet and a UNI filter as well as an airbox mod kit. Also, it'll be my first time doing a plug chop. Is there any specific things I need to do in order to properly perform a plug chop?

'ive had 2 different blasters with toomey pipes on them.
you def need to either drill the holes in lid and fit breather plugs or take off the lid.
not sure how the oil injection on there will be effected by the larger main and pipe ect,i have always removed oil injection or it was already removed:) it might take off a little slower cuz it is a mid to high pipe,but scream on top:)

Welcome. There's lots of info and good help here. There are varied opinions on the oil injection system, but basically its a personal choice. I'd say pull the lid and get a cover for the filter.

Reactions: CooklamuK
Welcome. There's lots of info and good help here. There are varied opinions on the oil injection system, but basically its a personal choice. I'd say pull the lid and get a cover for the filter.
Yeah I wouldn't be a huge fan of premixing so I most likely will keep it injected. What would be a good air filter cover if I remove the lid? My plan when I get the pipe kit is to drill 12 holes in the lid and have all of the mod kit filters in those holes.

I just took my lid off and got an outerwears cover like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outerwears-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4add8093e3&vxp=mtr You have to make sure you get the right one, theres one for the foam filters or one for the k&n style filters. It really depends on your riding conditions, if your not gonna have the chance of getting it wet you may not even need a cover, but it will help keep the filter clean. You can also make or buy an outerwears lid like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/EHS-Racing-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53d8cb212a&vxp=mtr

I just took my lid off and got an outerwears cover like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outerwears-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4add8093e3&vxp=mtr You have to make sure you get the right one, theres one for the foam filters or one for the k&n style filters. It really depends on your riding conditions, if your not gonna have the chance of getting it wet you may not even need a cover, but it will help keep the filter clean. You can also make or buy an outerwears lid like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/EHS-Racing-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53d8cb212a&vxp=mtr
I was looking at lids like the second link you posted. I don't plan on going through any large amounts of water/mud anymore like I used to on my Blaster. I can save that for my Grizzly ;) So I'm planning on either using the 12 filter mods that comes with my B-1 kit or just leaving my lid off. My goal for my Blaster is to make it faster. So the small amount of mods that I am doing is all under my silly title called "Operation: Faster Blaster" :D So my Blaster is my toy and the Grizzly is my work horse. Update, UPS just sent me an email saying that my pipe kit is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I should be installing everything within the next week or so. Now it's time to buy a bunch of extra spark plugs to perform some plug chops and get my Blaster all tuned and ready to destroy. :)

I'm in Chesterfield. I have property up in Posen, I ride out at Black Mountain up there and I also go out to Silverlake from time to time.