Heel guards?

if you have a 88 or 89 blaster that dident come stock with heelguards I believe you will have to make a mount on the frame for the raptor or yfz heelguards and I may be wrong but I think all of the raptor 350 and yfz heelguards will work

I have a 96, will those fit? I don't have the money for those real good nerfs with the built in heel guards.. Anybody know if any aftermarket heel guards will fit for a yfz? Like metal ones on Rocky Mountain atv?

the stock blaster heelgaurd is built and positioned like it is for a reason.
same distance/position in front of the tire as the right side, but stepped back where the kicker/foot fall during starting.

346pd1s.jpg

as far as i know, the blaster is the only heelgaurd (that will fit) to feature this, due to it's compact design.

when using double pegs, or spacers, to move the heelgaurd back further to eliminate kicker interference, unless you're running a + swingarm, you'll soon find the back tires eating heelgaruds.
even stock heelgaurds on a stock swinger can show signs of tire rub from aggressive riding.
the wire cage on the rap/yfz gaurds make tire contact all but catostophic, as the tire grabs the cage and bends it to hell.
my buddies been thru 3 right side yfz's without a + swinger

without a + swinger, your best bet is aftermarket heelgaurds made for the blaster, with the kicker "step back"
or deal with the slight kicker interference when using the rappy/yfz gaurds.

a + swinger, at least 3-4", opens up your choices.

But there like over 100 new and there only plastic..

yep, even good shape stock blaster plastic heelgaurds fetch $40-50, if you can find them with the bottom push pins still intact.
just do the rappy/yfz's and deal with having to kick it with your heel.

steel works better than aluminum for the 2 small brackets, if needed.
some will bolt right on with a little tweaking, mine didn't.
the kicker side is better supported from the fender brace mount, giving it better support when kicking.
here's mine...........

shifter side:
5979-rappy-yfz-heelgaurd-brackets-shifter-side.jpg

kicker side, supported from above @ fender brace mount;
5978-rappy-yfz-heelgaurd-brackets-kicker-side.jpg

yfz heels on the black bike, but with +4 swinger below...............................\/\/\/\/
those are pro-armor full heelgaurd nerfs on my white bike below(+2 swinger), from a suzuki ltz400, that i cut and rewelded to fit \/