Headlight ISSUE!!!

blaster_01

Mar 30, 2013
So i know this has been done to death people trying to hook up lights after they have been removed and ive looked throught a bunch of threads trying to see if someone else has had this problem but i havent seen it yet.....

When i pull the hood off i have a green, brown, black set loose (from what ive read its the oil light) then i have a blue, yellow(red stripe) black with a red cap on it, then 2black (white stripe) and 1 all black loose how do i hook up wally lights to this??

i know its suppose to be green low and yellow high beam but i dont have those....btw its an 2001 Blaster

here are pics
2ns6gr5.jpg

rhswex.jpg

Reactions: Wifesblaster
I cant answer your question, but I'm giving you some green for searching before posting. Somebody will chime in and get you taken care of.

green and yellow from the handle bar switch is high and low beam, then chose one of those loose blacks, or ground to the frame.
do not use any of the black/white stripe wires or allow them to touch bare ground, solid black wire or use in any circuts, that kills the ignition.

wiring diagrams can be found in the manual here....
http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

or here.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/lights-144/full-wiring-diagram-43358/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/stock-wiring-diagrams-51842/

green and yellow from the handle bar switch is high and low beam, then chose one of those loose blacks, or ground to the frame.
do not use any of the black/white stripe wires or allow them to touch bare ground, solid black wire or use in any circuts, that kills the ignition.

so i take the yellow with the red stripe and then the green from the oil light and use those??

i dont care about high low beam so should i just take that yellow/red out of that red block and then use a ground to wire both lights to run at the same time?

so i take the yellow with the red stripe and then the green from the oil light and use those??

i dont care about high low beam so should i just take that yellow/red out of that red block and then use a ground to wire both lights to run at the same time?

where in my last post do you see me mention yellow with red stripe ?

yellow or green from handle bar switch, ground other wire from light.

Last edited:
where in my last post do you see me mention yellow with red stripe ?

i dont but i dont have a plain yellow in my pics.....and i dont have the switch box on my quad either cause they guy before me use to race this quad so he took it off....and those pics are the only wires i have that are loose.... can i just use the green from the oil light and that black ground?

You may have to trace all those wires, it seems you have a ring in harness fitted.

That does not look like a Blaster harness.

i recognize the wires he shows, but they're not for the lights.

you didn't mention not having a handle bar switch originally
it appears from looking at the schematic, that you can get power for the lights from the yellow/red, or possibly that brown wire for the oil light (test it for 12v while the bike is running)
either of those is going to make the lights run all the time without a switch ?

i recognize the wires he shows, but they're not for the lights.
you didn't mention not having a handle bar switch originally
it appears from looking at the schematic, that you can get power for the lights from the yellow/red, or possibly that brown wire for the oil light (test it for 12v while the bike is running)
either of those is going to make the lights run all the time without a switch ?

My bad, sorry.

Colourblindness strikes yet again.

ooo true true i didnt think about testing the wires .....DUH!!!! such a idiotic move ....couldve saved myself and you guys some time.... thanks alot guys!!

i suggest running the yellow/red to a switch, then a wire to both lights and ground the other wire out of each light.

running wally world "been known to fry" lights without a way to shut them off, seems like a recipe for a melt down.

Ya they have a rocker switch in the package so I think Iam just gunna run it through that .... As I don't night ride that much, I just don't wanna get stuck