Head Lift/Head Stud issue

nopppee. but i only buy new. so ..

So if your Blater blows, you are stuck with buying a Craptor :eek:
That or you have more money than sense. 8-|
Even if I were fixing something to flip, I'd do it right, who knows might like it enough to keep it. Or if it's fixed correctly less for buyer to haggle over.

A better alternative is the timeserts , they are superior to the helical method , albeit they cost a bit more . I'd use a helicoil on engine parts such as intake bolt holes or exhaust studs , but the stress the head is under and the studs that hold it down , the timeserts are the better method . And here's a Helicoil tip , blue loctite it into place , let it dry 24 hours and blue loctite the fastener into it as well . Those sh*t ass wire thread repair coils need all the help they can get . They actually do a decent job , but structurally speaking the timeserts are a superior repair.

I am prolly telling what you already know, but for the benefit of others, if you are using a stud of different dimensions, the torque setting may have to be changed, to prevent warpage of the head.

Torqueing the new nut to the same tension as the other five, may cause a problem, being a larger thread it should need a different, possibly higher torque.

its def not the stud itself its the head i guess ill just take it off and tap it. i have done this before numerous times on honda car stuff.
juset so you guys know exactly what i am talking about :
Vitos Big Bore Cylinder picture by OConnorRacing - Photobucket
It would be the stud opposite of where the reeds bolt onto in this pic, that stud keep spinning with the nut

What ta heck? Head/cylinder? Exhaust stud maybe?
No matter how many times I tap the hole, it is still too big.

Awk, good call about the vid. Buddy did a good job on the first drilling and then wobbled it on the second go.
Usually varsol is the cutting lube used on aluminum.
Also he didn't back turn the tap. A half turn forward, 1/4 turn back to clear the chip.
And I also do the locktite with a helicoil, usually stronger than blue too.

The timeserts need a bigger hole and clearance sometimes gets close on motorcycle stuff.
I like them as a third chance when the helicoil screws up!

Picky batards us! But I agree, great to post the video.