having a few issues need some advice

Aug 8, 2010
Indiana, PA
ok so i got almost everything together and did a compression test... thats where the issue came up... i only had 125 psi.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <---- thats me pulling my hair out... its never been started so the rings arent set, but shouldnt it be higher than that? also i didnt have the gas tank on or any of the fuel and vent lines on the carb could that be the issue? or do i maybe have a leak somewhere? or is this just normal. help me out guys... i need it lol

You could have the carb and pipe sitting on the bench and it won't make a difference. Keep in mind that on a ported engine that the exhaust is open for more degrees rotation of the crank giving less volume to compress, it relying on the pipe to stuff fuel back into the cyl just before port closes.

if its ported with more duration like larry said u need to mod the head to kick up the comp. how did the leak down go? reeds sealed good? little bit of oil on the rings and cylinder. stock rebuild is usually around 120-130lbs. cheack ur head for leaks.