havin some troulbe need help

jkimbrel

Sep 19, 2012
ok so my blaster only reading 100psi comp. starts right up first kick still but wont rev up just kinda bogs in a way... wat would it be just rings? piston n rings n fresh bore only bout 2 months old

hmmm, sounds like fried rings (most likely due to it not being run in correctly if at all) or a knackered head gasket. The compression should be at least 120-130. The jetting may be the cause of the bogging.

Describe how you did comp test. Improper procedure will give faulty results. Was the adaptor same length as spark plug? Was the "schrader" valve right at the end of tester?

i'd try a different compression tester, and be sure to hold the throttle wide open and kick till the needle stops moving

the comp tester was a good one held the throttle open n kicked the sh*t outta it only reads up to 100 n i kno i need bigger jets also allready went n bought rings only 24 bucks gonna go ahead change them take carb off n clean good n filter

Make sure the jug measures up ok, hone if good and proceed with heat cycles/break in only after fitting the correct jet, setting the float level, most importantly leak testing and correcting the idle.