have you guys ever seen these?

blasterfan84

Jun 20, 2007
TEKvests? they just sponsored me this year and i started wearing them instead of the plastic ones, and what a difference in comfort and protection, these are great.

http://www.tekrider.com/

sx_pro_lite.jpg

jason jones, 1998 x-games a cut on his arm and thats it

heres a testimonial i just read, buddy hit a moose and it kicked him in the chest he didnt even get a bruise!

We were running late and returning after dark. I was rounding a casual bend and there was a Moose broadside in the trail. I was not able to avoid it entirely so I picked the belly for impact. Despite braking, I was still going about 20 mph when I impacted the Moose. We went another 40 feet or so together, with the 500-600 pound moose in my lap, pinning my hands on the grips.

After a short while, the moose started flailing, as it rolled off the sled (and me), in the process kicking me in the ribs and knocking me off the sled as well. It then flailed a bit more on the ground, got up, checked out its attacker, and walked away!

Aside from minor aches from several minor muscle strains that have appeared today, I show no notable injuries. I credit the TEKVEST with absorbing the full impact of the collision and the subsequent kick and dispersing the loads to the point where I don't even have evidence of bruising.

I've replayed the situation many times and wondered why I sat there so long (albeit maybe close to an endless half minute) with a moose on my lap. (please recognise that at such times, any estimation of time is totally unreliable) The reason I didn't escape is that the weight of the moose was clamping my hands on the handlebars. I was trapped and couldn't escape until it kicked me off the sled. Imagine a man in riding position with a moose belly across the handlebars and his hands, arms and lap!

It all started when my 35 year old Nephew bought a TEKVEST. The first day with his, he hit a stump that threw him off the sled and he landed on another stump on the middle of his back. He got up and attested to the greatness of your TEKVEST. That got me thinking...by the next weekend, I had mine. I've ridden once since without it and felt naked.

I not only believe in your product, but I'm now lobbying all my friends to get one as well. Too few people have a proper perspective of the hidden dangers of the sport, including myself until recently. Three weeks ago I was one of them. Today, I epitomise your sales pitch "if you have to be somewhere Monday Morning shouldn't you be thinking about a Tekvest".

While I would love to oblige you with photos, and wish I had some for my own, I realise that I am soooo glad my colleague watching the show didn't pull out the flash camera and make things worse! Imagine a pannicked 5-600 pound moose with a flash going off just after it has been attacked! I am pleased that i can't show pictures of my injuries as I have none except the most minimal muscle strains, many of which could have been caused by the hard, back-country riding we do.

Thanks for a great product. It clearly saved me from potentially life altering injury and probably saved my life.

p.s. I do have moose hair pulled from my goggle strap as a momento though!

By Fred Koch
AUBURN, ME

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound nice. They look a hell of a lot more comfortable than the plastic ones to, but $260 sounds expensive to me for a chest protector.

i uses those for snowmobile racing... didnt know i could use it for atv's too