Have you ever seen a case break like this

bbshadow49

Apr 3, 2012
north east
Check out my pics below.

I am pretty pissed about this, the chain flew off my bike and i guess it banged the shifter and broke it?? i dont know its crazy. thats what you get for letting other ppl ride your bike.

anyway . what are thoughts on welding, i really think it depends on the break. also what materials is this case made out of.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

The case is cast aluminium and weld able .

It may pay though to buy a used one.

What do other people have to do with the shifter shaft breaking the case from the chain coming off, I am confused?

The case is cast aluminium and weld able .

It may pay though to buy a used one.

What do other people have to do with the shifter shaft breaking the case from the chain coming off, I am confused?
would it have happened if i was riding? maybe not. we were riding through a rock quarry , lol the rocks always hit the bottom end

im not paying for the welding. i give my welder alot of business. so i guess my question is. once its welded. does anyone foresee any problems when i start it .

I had one that looked identical to that a few weeks ago, it can be welded an will have no issues if done correctly, but would highly recommend using a tig welder, I oppted for changing the case an having mine welded for a spare, while your in there youd be a fool not to freshen up the bottom end, crank, bearings, seals, etc.

would it have happened if i was riding? maybe not. we were riding through a rock quarry , lol the rocks always hit the bottom end

im not paying for the welding. i give my welder alot of business. so i guess my question is. once its welded. does anyone foresee any problems when i start it .

Well if you put straight gas in the bike and I fried the top end while riding it, who is at fault? You can not hold other people responsible for breaking something that was due to lack of maintenance or neglect.

I see that too 79

I just got a new chain and sprocket because my brother ordered one. wasnt quite due, but i dont want to be in your situation so i spent the money to save money

This type of breakage is common. Happens when the chain bundles up between the shifter and the casing after it snaps. Weld it. Just make sure you get the alignment of the shifter hole correct.

i hate bringing up old threads, but this blaster was welded in the picture above and then it started leaking oil again. i guess my welder didnt really do a good job but , i searched blasterforum for DURAFIX , should my guy just grind down his weld that he made and start all over ? im afraid the grindings could possibly get into the engine or something.

i know you all want me to get a new case , but that takes so much time/money

The shift shaft seal. If you didn't replace it, guaranteed, it got cooked from welding near it.