have to keep air screw and pilot jet screw both turned

kingpindog

Jul 5, 2010
I have to pull my 2000 blaster with my warrior to get it started. revs up pretty good but lacking lot of power when riding. have to keep air screw and pilot jet screw both turned in almost all the way to seated for it to run .... FMF complet pipe .

I had the carb. off but i couldn't see the numbers on the jet ... bout 3:00 in the mornin' , didn't have good light and just wanted to put it back together.... looks like i might as well pull it back off i guess... looks a lot like yours in the picture. What size jet you think it otta be..?

All good advice (compression, reeds). But if you have BOTH screws turned in all the way, I suspect that you are way lean on the pilot--and may need to re-set or check your float level. I would start with the jetting and carb set-up as it is "free" and easy to do....

Appreciate all the advice... noticed the tors unit was still all hooked up..gonna unhook it , maybe i'll get lucky. thanx.

i do belive there is only one air/fuel skrew,(on the stock carb) its on the left side close to the air intake tube. and turning it to the right will richen it and left will lean it. the other skrew is the idle, its on the tors box turning it right will turn the idle up.

Yeah, assuming we are talking a fairly stock machine that used to run good and now doesn't, it sounds like it could have a massive airleak, causing a lean condition. Reeds, compression, and LEAKDOWN TEST.

One more thought: pilot jet. You said you had the carb off but if you couldn't see the jet numbers, then it doesn't sound like you took them out and cleaned them. Remove both the jets and spray through them with carb cleaner. Spray through all the passages too. Before you replace the jets, hold them up to the light and make sure you can see through them. The pilot jet has a tiny hole that is easy to clog.

Another quick and dirty way to check for a leak is to spary the intake area with WD40 (around the intake boot/reed junction) while at idle. If the idle changes at all, you have a leak...

pulled the reeds out and one of the smaller flaps on one side is like warped open bout 16th of an inch....is this enough to be causing my problems ya think...??

there shouldnt be any gap in your reeds. if you have stock reeds then take the reed thats warped off and flip it over. give that a try.

Pulling my blaster and destroying the motor pull starting it is how I got my blaster for 125.00.rings stuck and trashed it.all due to 65psi compression reading.