have problem kick starting blaster

thebeaks

Mar 22, 2009
omro,wisconsin
i have an '01 blaster. its a 215, has stock everything except the piston, toomey b1 exhaust, jet in carb and a k&n air filter. the bike pull starts, but it doesnt want to kick start. when i try to kick start it, i can hold my hand near the tailpipe and feel the air pressure the motor is kicking out. so i know the kickstarter is working.? i cleaned the carb and adjusted it..put in fresh gas..still nothing. last year it would start on first or always the second kick every time. now after sitting for like ten months it wont kick start. i had my brother pull me behind his banshee, and it pull started immediately. im frustrated and really dont have the cash to send him to the doctor so im trying this first. if anyone has any ideas id really apreciate hearimg them. thanks- beaks

welcome to the forum BTW .. i see your from omro.. not to far from me im in fond du lac... and you could have low compression, and when you pull start it it spins it up fast enough to pop it over

It sounds like compression to me, rings/piston or head gasket. Go buy a compression tester and test it and let us know how much compression it has.(harbor freight has some cheap)

I had the same problem. Maybe when you bored it you didnt put the rings in correctly? Thats what i did and i a bigger bore. Or the spark plug. Or the Gasket.good luck

If it started fine before it was put away, no carb adjustment should be needed. It's got spark and you did all necessary carb cleaning, so check the compression and adjust the carb back. Should be easy, you jotted the original settings down on paper, right?

It's not like the carb adjusted itself out of whack when you put it away.

you may have blow by, where the rings are not seated properly, check it out, pull your head off and check ur rings, do a comp test, get a new plug, check air fuel mix, reeds, do all the little stuff first.