Have motor question about a RMX 250 if anyone can help..

Zombie

Mar 11, 2009
Wind Gap, PA
Sorry that this is not about a blaster.. but i can't find a page like this one just for my RMX 250. All i'm wondering is if anyone might know of possible motor swaps from another bike or a good site where i can just find the right motor.. The bike is just sitting all complete.. just needs motor.. Pretty lame situation.. That or the hole thing will be up for parts if anyone is interested.
Sorry for the non-blaster post.. and thanks for anyones help..

Yeah the motor is gone all together.Just have a rolling frame with all the breaks and shocks and plastics.. pretty much good.. just need the fun part of the bike.. ha. I wasn't sure if an RM was the same as the RMX but i take it they are a little different'. I didn't wanna just slop weld in some other motor and ruin the frame. But it's provin hard to find the RMX 250 motor..as one. everyone has a million pieces..
either way.. thanx for the help. i was gonna post a wanted thing, but the stupid page says i'm not good enough.. oh well..Hey thanx again..

From what I understand, the early RMX and RM were very similar, but as the RM received developement every year, the RMX basically remained unchanged. In fact an '89 RM head gasket is used on the RMX motor to raise compression. The gearing is wider on the RMX as well. I'd be surprised if an 89-90 RM motor wouldn't bolt right in. I'm actually looking at buying an RMX right now. My buddy has a clean one that he doesn't ride anymore. They're great bikes.

Thanx, maybe i'll expand my search.. I would like to get the original motor for it.. it's just proving to be more trouble and money then it's worth. I just want a bike to go with my blaster. Then i can hit any trail. Thanx for your help. So much easier then talkin to stuck up dealer people, or shotty small time shops.. thanx again.