Has my blaster had a top end rebuild?

J4M1E333

Oct 11, 2009
North Wales
HI all :)

First post for over 2 years :eek: finally managed to get hold of another blaster cheap, I:I

As the title suggests i'm wondering how i can tell if the blaster i bought has been rebuilt as the owner stated?

Im assuming that a compression test would tell? any other ways to tell?
With doing a compression test, do i warm it up first or do it cold? and what would ideal figures be?

The previous owner stated that he had rebuilt it himself and it needed to be ran in, so im in the process of doing so, i have no reason to believe he would lie but just wondering :)

Well if it's all stock with just a bigger piston, Anything less than 115psi on a new top end is gonna need rings at least.

No real way of knowing it if a fresh top end with out either paper work, or a look at the piston/cylinder and get measurements.

Heres a tip, in the world of buying and selling, EVERYONE is lying. Thats the best way to look at it. Always be skeptical unless you see paper work. Trust no one.

ok thanks for quick reply :) guess ill just go with it, probably do a compression check weekend :)

If compression is good, i say just go with it! I would however do an airleak test on it since the top end has been off of it. Pretty simple to do and could save you from another rebuild sooner than you would like!

yeah thats why i'm skeptical myself, :) yeah, was thinking about doing that aswell, where is the post on how you build one? or can u buy them made?