Hard to start.

Well being as you got it for $600, there is probably some minor things wrong with it.

Doesnt mean someone half-assed it, could just mean its a wore out stocker. When you go to fleet farm, buy the stuff to make a leak tester also.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/

Leak test it before you tear down the engine, and always before you start it after a rebuild

It was bored by someone on the last rebuild that was in july. I called the person who did it and talked to him. He said he did do it in july. Has to be a poor job. I'll get the parts for a leakdown tester also

It was bored by someone on the last rebuild that was in july. I called the person who did it and talked to him. He said he did do it in july. Has to be a poor job. I'll get the parts for a leakdown tester also

Do not assume that a poor job was at fault.

A perfectly built motor can be killed by a stupid operator not breaking in properly or jetting poorly.

Have you leak tested it?

When ever you buy a used 2 stroke you should always perform a leak test before you start it.

Do not assume that a poor job was at fault.

A perfectly built motor can be killed by a stupid operator not breaking in properly or jetting poorly.

Have you leak tested it?

When ever you buy a used 2 stroke you should always perform a leak test before you start it.

I'm going to leak test it as soon is get to taking the motor out..The guy i talked to who rebuilt it said he did a "Fast, not as thorough job" and said "He just wanted to get it done" He also said "the guy didn't pay me well so it's not the best job".

I'm going to leak test it as soon is get to taking the motor out..The guy i talked to who rebuilt it said he did a "Fast, not as thorough job" and said "He just wanted to get it done" He also said "the guy didn't pay me well so it's not the best job".

Please share this mechanics name so that no one else will be tempted to get work done by him.

Look on the back, is there an oil tank under the right rear fender? Does a tube go from that all the way to the front of your clutch side cover?

I would never rely on a previous owners word, unless they really knew everything