Hard starting need help please

I would avoid the jet kits and just buy a range of oem jets. Get a cpl smaller and a cpl bigger than what you figure you'll need, then you can do a proper plug chop.

Proper plug chop ? I have a 270 main jet now and my mods are stock bore as far as I know ... And fmf fatty with fmf power core silencer no air box lid with moose racing filter and soon to be adding after market reed valves

is there any aftermarket electrical on it as...
ignition coil
stator/flywheel key??.

spark plug should be a NGK B8ES OR BR8ES???

This is all true, but he mentioned buying a jet kit, so why wait to tell him that's not a good idea?
On looking back through to thread He also mentioned that he used starting fluid, which is too another no,no.

Rather than trying to put me in my place, why did you just not mention to him that it was also not such a good practice to use starting fluid.

On looking back through to thread He also mentioned that he used starting fluid, which is too another no,no.

Rather than trying to put me in my place, becoming unfriendly, why did you just not mention to him that it was also not such a good practice to use starting fluid.

Sorry if it seemed like I was being unfriendly or trying to put you in your place, that was not my intention. I simply noticed that he intended to order a jet kit, & like many have done here before me, warned him it was not a good idea. It seems as though I was quickly put in my place for doing so.
I was not aware about the starting fluid being a bad practice. Thanks for teaching me something. ;):D

No bad feelings.
, and I apologise for being abrupt.

Using Starting fluid in 2 strokes is bad practice as it contains no lubrication.

It is also a poor diagnostic tool as fluid will help start an engine with low compression, weak spark, flooded crankcase and fuel starvation.

Dumping pre mix in the plug hole is too very bad as it washes oil from the rings and cylinder.

If one needs help to start an engine then something is wrong and must be addressed.

Reactions: blasDa
Ok so no more starting Fluid got it ...
I've ordered the proper gaskets to fix my air leak I'm going to put my idle jet back into the middle position and I'm running a 270 main jet .... My mods are fmf fatty with fmf power core silencer moose racing filter with no air box lid and soon to be boysen power reeds in the stock valve ... Does the 270 jet seem sufficient for these mods ??? Also like I said 125 psi for compression all factory electronics as far as I can tell parking brake and tors system eliminated and the plug has fuel on it after kicking several times ???

Also could the needle clip adjustment be the cause of the hard start no start condition as well or just a contributing factor ?

270 is too small, you need at least a 290-300 which you should confirm with a plug chop.

Needle in the middle clip position.

If the idle has not been adjusted to specs then expect it to be hard to start.

Adjust the air screw to 1 1/2 turns out.

The pilot jet should be 32.5.

270 is too small, you need at least a 290-300 which you should confirm with a plug chop.

Needle in the middle clip position.

If the idle has not been adjusted to specs then expect it to be hard to start.

Adjust the air screw to 1 1/2 turns out.

The pilot jet should be 32.5.

Fixed all air leaks brand new reeds and gaskets brand rebuild on carb with 290 main jet needle clip is in the middle position still will not start WTF

look at the tors delete the other person did on it
check the wire's take pics of the wires.

and one of those wires is right near were you were working on taking your carb off and on.
it should still start with tors activated. BUT add that and a whacked out carb ect then NO START
depending on how other person delete the THROTTLE OVER RIDE SYSTEM..:)You have been CHASING everything with no luck sooooo move onto the ELECTRICAL..

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Last edited:
Just a thought, have you checked the flywheel key? If it is sheared / missing, I have heard that you will still get spark, just not at the right time.

I've checked the flywheel everything looks to be in proper position I'm not sure how it could be the tors system I've had it running great it's just been impossible to start I have some snow and would love to ride but dosent look like it's gonna happen

Here is pictures of my tors system the wires have been cut and just left alone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 198
looks like it is indeed effed up.
those black/yellow should be twisted toghther near your rear shock pic.

i cant see the front coming out of the cdi

and what up with the orange wire just sitting there?

THESE PICS ARE FISHY AND LOOK TO BE A ISSUEo_O

so you do own a flywheel puller?

No I have not pulled the flywheel
looks like it is indeed effed up.
those black/yellow should be twisted toghther near your rear shock pic.

i cant see the front coming out of the cdi

and what up with the orange wire just sitting there?

THESE PICS ARE FISHY AND LOOK TO BE A ISSUEo_O

The orange wire I believe is for the brake lights it's with a brown wire there both not going to anything
It has no key either .. So the tors is just supposed to be those two wires off the tors twisted together ?