Hand guards what do you run

i run an old set originally made for a yamaha 200s 3 wheeler, i modded them to fit, reason i like them is they are solid 3 sided, and give me protection from top and bottom also, nothing worse than cold, wet, slippery hands

i fail to see how the currently popular hand gaurds do anything more then protect your hands from roost (who needs that when out front ? LOL) and small braches/briars, and with the decorative holes in most of them, allow water/mud in from the front also

here's a set of real handgaurds cheap........

Yamaha YFS200 Blaster 94-02 ATV Brake Lever-Black & hand gaurds | eBay

if all your worried about is looks over function, by all means get a set of these..........

06 Blaster 200 Power Madd Hand Gaurds 24 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
testscan722-1.jpg

Awk I kinda like them three sided one the ones in the second link no way them are too ugly for me.

exactly, are mine ugly......yuuuuup :eek:
can you see them with your hands all muddy, slipping of the bars during a hard run, and me 1/4 mile ahead of you....nooooope I:I

I didn't mean your we're ugly. The ones in the second link are the ugly ones.And you'd have to get in front first for me to worry about muddy hands lol

i meant mine are ugly :) but function rules I:I

i got a set of acerbis vents...i think. dont remember got them 50%off with my handle bars.

as far as mocking them up with the blaster stuff, was a pain in the arse. looks decent. keeps my hands from getting hold/being hit by rocks so i say they work for what they're spose to...

Not a handgaurd fan! I just see crashing and my hand getting stuck in them, (yes very clausterphobic) I put hand gaurds in the same category as nerfs. Ehhh Some like'm some don't! I understand the cold wet muddy hands thing, But Gloves work quite nicely for me! And I don't ride in the front of the pack either!

Anyway who looks at the mantlepiece whilst stoking the fire.

Love it! Excellent point. ARE YA RIDING OR ARE YA STANDING AROUND LOOKIN PRETTY?

I come from a dirt bike, trail riding background where a broken clutch lever can really ruin your day.
Besides, enduro bikers actually use the guards against trees and rocks to get through tight spaces.

Most of my bikes have Enduro Engineering or Moose or other full metal band guards with the plastic as roost protection.
My Blaster has an Acerbis full plastic guard that still offers huge protection with less weigh.

230528_10150236712345803_6420706_n.jpg

Most of those little plastic "flags" will not do much in a crash,
and don't protect against larger than grape sized roost.
If you don't ride with a hard crowd and never tip over or get in over your head you don't need serious protection I guess.

I don't want them for keeping my hands warm or dry per say. More of keeping sticks and sticker bushes from getting my hands.

then id say slap on a pair haha.

thats mainly what their good for, is keeping those pesky twigs from giving you a nice little cut.