Grips

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys i bought Tag Alius Handlebars. they are coming with new grips and new clamps. there 1-1/8" oversize.

anyway i bought pro taper grips as i didn't like the plain black ones that come with the handlebars. so what i want to know will these fit

it says on ad they fit 7/8" and 1-1/8" but there twist throttle grips. will they still work even if there right size for handlebars? there like $10 shipped so no biggy if they don't just to know

cheers

1-1/8" fatbars taper down to 7/8" on the "control length" < flat part where your controls mount

I'm not a 100% sure on it so I would wait for a little more input to be on the safe side.

yeah iv got them coming anyway so il just need to check and see lol :) i might just use the black ones i have coming with the handlebars if they don't fit. but the handlebars look awesome I:I

I run the Pro Tapers on my bike and love them. If they are for a twist throttle then one grip will have a larger hole. Could always buy 2 sets and just use one from each. I ran Pro Tapers on an LTR I had, so they do make them specifically for atv's as well.

I just checked three brand new sets of dirt bike grips I have in my garage and they all have a larger hole on the throttle side (none of them were pro tapers though). I picked up a set of ODI lock ons last week and after 1 ride I love them, no glue or safety wire to mess with. Odi ATV Lock-On Grips - Rogue | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

i run these on my bike and absolutely love them. easy to install, and quick. only thing is i half dont trust em

thanks guys! :) gonna wait and see if the ones i got fit as they will look better with my handlebars :p might try the only black tape method to tighten them up abit :p any you guys used grip glue before? just i got the pro taper glue with the grips. thanks

I always glue and safety wire my grips because it really irritates me when they move.

'05 Blaster I have that same concern, the only reason I was willing to give them a shot is because I ran them on my downhill mountain bike for 3 years without a hiccup. Only time will tell but so far I love them on the quad.

I always glue and safety wire my grips because it really irritates me when they move.

'05 Blaster I have that same concern, the only reason I was willing to give them a shot is because I ran them on my downhill mountain bike for 3 years without a hiccup. Only time will tell but so far I love them on the quad.

yeah man :) should have grips this week but won't get handlebars for about 2 weeks as there coming from the us. but just to get rims and tires and il be able to get out on quad not been out for about a year :(