Got SPAMMED by way of PM

Robert

Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
I got this stupid PM from a spam bot. Disassemble?

"Hey,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
Serendipity
http://serendipity20.notlong.com"

The username is Serendipity who sent it.

that must be so much fun to do that freek!

lol, ive gotten rid of alot of spammers from here, it was real bad about a yr ago, they where coming in like a swarm of bees........that one was tricky he went right for a pm lol

also if anyone else gets spam in a pm, please report it so we can boot him out

I got the same PM...

And its only fun banning spammers for the first couple times... then it becomes a pain in the butt.. its more fun banning someone thats been an idiot on the forum and you feel like he might care..... spammer its just a username, so it gets boring....

Cheers

damn bot programmers are starting to go in the back door. there must be a way to force new people to post in the introduction section before they can do anything...

a guitar site i'm on is like that, you have to post in the introduction thread before you can post anywhere else.

really this site is pretty clean as far as spam goes....

I had a different one from ADAM , it was promoting some other sites , If I wanna check em out , I'll search em out!!!!

adam is actually a pretty cool guy, he was just tryin to get more peeps for the aircooled racers site, lol, wasn;t spam as much as it seems, he hads a 300ex and is the admin there, good legit site

You can find lists of spammers IPs, emails and usernames... I found a few a long time ago when I had spammers on my site. Also, there are tons of forum add ons that will block them. I'd look into it.

Akismet Anti-Spam - vBulletin.org Forum
I have used Akismet on a few forums and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator: