got it started . now some questions

fxchris

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, Fl
hey guys so i installed the 28mm carb im running 148 main and im not sure what idle jet is in i left the one it came with . it started up quick , seems to rev up fine , runs through the gears good but the idle is a lil weird . itll idle for a lil then it idles slower and slower until it shuts off . i adjusted the idle screw a lil but same thing . what can i do ? could it be the idle jjet?

Even though it sounds like your carb needs to be adjusted check and make sure that your gas valve is turned all the way on so its getting all the gas it can. Try that and if it still does it than its your carb and needs to be cleaned or re-adjusted.

Even though it sounds like your carb needs to be adjusted check and make sure that your gas valve is turned all the way on so its getting all the gas it can. Try that and if it still does it than its your carb and needs to be cleaned or re-adjusted.
yea its all the way on . and my carb is brand new .

just cause its brand new dont mean jack.... did u check the float setting before installing it?? u should have becasue during shipping the float bounces around altering the setting

just cause its brand new dont mean jack.... did u check the float setting before installing it?? u should have becasue during shipping the float bounces around altering the setting

how do u check the float setting ? im running 152 main and 38 idle

how do u check the float setting ? im running 152 main and 38 idle

u take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb turn it upside down and check from the gasket surface to the top of the floats it should be a certain measurement which u prolly would need to get off keihins site

u take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb turn it upside down and check from the gasket surface to the top of the floats it should be a certain measurement which u prolly would need to get off keihins site

how would u measure the gap ?

sounds to me like you arnt getting enough low end gas, or air, it is likely idles while the bowl is full and slowly runs the bowl dry

yea that is what it sounds like to me . kinda sounds deep when i rev it from idle . itll idle for a lil bit then it slows down and it dies . and sometimes it wont wanna start back up unless i choke it .