Got a miss and cant figure the problem

Ronnie shush

Mar 18, 2017
Just bought my first 2 stroke (blaster) ran good when i got it now its missing and cant figure out what the problem is i changed the plug put new premix gas in it new tranny fluid it does have a little leak out of the shifter seal i pulled the carb cleaned it rejeted it from 230 to a 270 tweaked with the fuel air screw and i cant get the miss to go away can anyone please help me its only got fmf exhaust and fatty pipe on it
I also checked the reeds and they are good to im cluless guys i can do most of my own work so i should no what to look at if u can explain a bit thanks ppl

where is it missing
low end/mid top end?
compression test
air screw setting ect..
float height?
free flowing gas from tank to carb
what are you pre-mixing at? oil injection has been removed?
ngk b8es or br8es spark plug

where is it missing
low end/mid top end?
compression test
air screw setting ect..
float height?
free flowing gas from tank to carb
what are you pre-mixing at? oil injection has been removed?
ngk b8es or br8es spark plug

Compression test idk im guessing low end its mainly at low rmp didnt know i had to adjust the float air screw is slightly past 1 1/2 and idk if the oil pump is working so i premix 50 1 and a nkg spark it kicks over first if not first def sec its cold where i live right now my elevation is between 800 to a 1000 ft i havent pulled the plug since ive changed it ima do it tom or monday when i have off work

Whats you elevation. That's a big jump in jet size.

On the fmf site it says to start with a 260 and i hear of ppl who put 280 with a k&n air filter and i just have a stock airbox/filter this is my first two stroke so im not a pro at working on them but i will break it apart if i really have to

The miss, is it a bog? Or does it feel as if the bike stutters at a certain RPM? Any chance to upload a video of what you're talking about?

Unscrew plug boot from wire, cut 1/2" off, rescrew plug boot on,
check all wiring connections for loose/dirty.
Check black ground wire to frame is to clean bare metal at coil mount.
Check no black wires are touching any black/white stripe wires.
Check both key and kill switch by unplugging them one at a time. Again not letting blk/wht stripe wires touch black wires or the frame, that's what kills the ignition.

plug the brass nipple on carb with 1/8" vacuum cap where black oil injection hose goes into carb if your not using the injection system. Then search the forum for how to delete the pump properly.

Reactions: speedyslyder
Unscrew plug boot from wire, cut 1/2" off, rescrew plug boot on,
check all wiring connections for loose/dirty.
Check black ground wire to frame is to clean bare metal at coil mount.
Check no black wires are touching any black/white stripe wires.
Check both key and kill switch by unplugging them one at a time. Again not letting blk/wht stripe wires touch black wires or the frame, that's what kills the ignition.

plug the brass nipple on carb with 1/8" vacuum cap where black oil injection hose goes into carb if your not using the injection system. Then search the forum for how to delete the pump properly.

Kbim going to replace the pilot screw and try all that ill get back to u guys on tues i appretate the tips

no needed to spend money just read up and ask questions first
it will make sence and come together trust me:)
few 2-3 bucks for vacuume plugs/auto parts store or whatever but read more/spend less:D

no needed to spend money just read up and ask questions first
it will make sence and come together trust me:)
few 2-3 bucks for vacuume plugs/auto parts store or whatever but read more/spend less:D

Are the vacuume plugs all the same or is their a certin one to buy i no its missin a little comprsstion from the shifter seal leakin but its bearly leakin just drops that come out after sittin for 2 days would a bad tors make the bike miss i was watchin a video where a guy cut the plug under the seat and twisted the wires together should i try that

When i get done messin with it on mon/tues i will make a video and put on here so u guys can hear it if the prob isnt solved

The miss, is it a bog? Or does it feel as if the bike stutters at a certain RPM? Any chance to upload a video of what you're talking about?
Its a miss low rpms when it gets to high rpms it knocks the miss out but once ilower the rpms it does it again

At low RPM, is it when you go from a stop? Or does it do it regardless if you're rolling or stopped?

You need to do what AWK recommended first.

The reason I ask if it does it from stopped, I'll throw it out there, but could be clutch slipping. But that's another topic for another day.

At low RPM, is it when you go from a stop? Or does it do it regardless if you're rolling or stopped?

The reason I ask if it does it from stopped, I'll throw it out there, but could be clutch slipping. But that's another topic for another day.

Im trying to upload the video wait till i turn around and come back up the driveway u can really hear it

you can just buy a whole pkg for like 3 bucks at a autostore.
it will come with 2 of the 1/8 vacuum plugs it will fit:)
and to upload a video you need to paste a link from a hosting site like,
youtube/photobucket...ect
need to copy/past it in your reply.

• At low RPM, is it when you go from a stop? Or does it do it regardless if you're rolling or stopped?

I cant figure out how to get the video up on here i put it on my facebook if u look up ronald lee shumaker its the profile with the baby for a pic id really appretate it do u think the 90 deg hook up to sparkplug cpuld go bad i looked up inside it and it looks rusty as sh*t from what i could see i cut the wire and re hooked it still same i pulled the plug it was blackish but wasnt super bad i dont think not for the miss atleast was lil oil on it

i would say it's a low end bog. Could be something small.

1. You NEED to do a compression test. Anything less then 100-110 PSI is time for a rebuild.

2. You changed out your main jet, but what about pilot and needle?

3. Video also makes it sound as tho there's a hanging idle when you let off the gas. Do you have your bike set to a high idle? Or on the slower idle speed side?

Reactions: speedyslyder