Getting some Ideas.

3Blaster05

Apr 28, 2013
Kansas
Hey guys, I picked this quad up all stock, and tore apart, completely restored it, painted and put it all together, just wondering what you think of my blaster. Thanks, for looking, let me know your thoughts of the blaster. (FYI its a 05, bigger jet (350) bored .40, wiseco piston, brand new top and lower end, widened two inch in rear, +3 swing arm, FMF exhaust, pro circuit slip on, twist throttle) im sure i have more but can not think of right now. Only picture i have right now Sorry theres not much to go off of!

Attachments

• CAM00223.jpg
    CAM00223.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Blaaster
The ideas I was looking for was what your opinion is I should add or do to it, I like the way it sits, but something seems as if I should add more,

As for the Twist I love it, Iv had it for about two months now. I ride trails, and race. After riding my thumb got raw, or tired, so I went with a Twist and I love it. People don't like it due to hitting doubles and stuff landing hard, and twisting the throttle, but I haven't had that problem, so I love it lol.

Sorry for the late reply, I am still trying to figure out how to work this lol. But thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Looks great I:I !!!

How long have you had a twist? How do you like it? Where do you ride most(woods/trails/track)?

I love my twist throttle, its more relaxing, my thumb doesn't get raw, or tired, Never had any problems, iv had about 2 months now, and I ride trials, and race on tracks or wherever I can ride without getting in trouble, or. But if I had to say id say it would be trails and cruising on dirt roads with some buddies.

Hey guys, I picked this quad up all stock, and tore apart, completely restored it, painted and put it all together, just wondering what you think of my blaster. Thanks, for looking, let me know your thoughts of the blaster. (FYI its a 05, bigger jet (350) bored .40, wiseco piston, brand new top and lower end, widened two inch in rear, +3 swing arm, FMF exhaust, pro circuit slip on, twist throttle) im sure i have more but can not think of right now. Only picture i have right now Sorry theres not much to go off of!

You are running a 350 main jet??????????

It is ported and bored .40, and to be honest, I had a guy do that part when it came to the jet, so im hoping he leaked tested it lol. iv had no problems with it

What mods do you have to support that huge jet? Have you leak tested it. It is unheard of to be running a 350 main jet in a stock bore, stock stroke, unported cylinder.

It is ported and bored .40, and to be honest, I had a guy do that part when it came to the jet, so im hoping he leaked tested it lol. iv had no problems with it

Well that makes sence then. I would plug chop it and leak test it. Still sounds a little rich, but that's ok. Everything I read on here says you should be around 280-300. 350 is huge. You might be leaving a lot of power on the table. Is the carb the stock 26mm mikuni? I would look into it a little bit. My money would be on 280/290 depending on elevation.

The guy said that is was leak tested, by yamaha dealership. And to be honest idk i wanna say it probably is, i will go look, havent had a chance to do anything but start it due to bad weather here

If it runs good and doesn't foul plugs then it wont hurt anything. Assuming you don't have an air leak it wont be lean. I would still plug chop and leak test for piece of mind. Member AWK sells leak testers for cheap.

It cant be the stock carb due to the twist throttle now that i get to thinking about it, This might be a bad question but what is AWK im new to this.. Is it a shop, or a person or?