getting no spark

tyler123

Jan 1, 2013
I have no spark at all on my blaster. I test coil on another blaster I got and its fine it work. how do I test the stator? what should I do?the tros is still hook up is there a way to reset that?

it is a 1998. I rode it one day came back parked it and next day no spark even change the plug.

Are you still using an ignition key? Check your wires than double check again than check back.

Check your killswitch, it could be defective and causeing your stator/coil to ground out, if that's not it check all stator wires to see if there's good contact. and lf you still dont get spark look in your repair manual to see what the resistance (ohms)should be in your stator, too much resistance will not allow proper electrical flow.

no i don't have key set up on it. I never rode it in water. what should i do to check the kill switch. sorry for asking so much.

Ok guys, sorry to just drop in on this thread but I couldn't figure out how to create a new one... I've got an 02 blaster, .40 over no airbox lid, k&n filter, TORS removed, gold series fatty pipe, powercore 2 silencer, 280 main jet 32.1 fuel mix wiesco piston kit. "3 hours on rebuild after proper break in." Ran great, better than it ever had on 2 different rides. Started it on the 3rd time out. started fine, ran good for about 20 min then "POP" backfire did it a couple of times and shut it off. Now... It just won't run...I can't figure it out. removed tors properly, compression test was good, airleak test showed a small leak around the reed cage. its fixed now after a new gasket. The bike will start, and idle. I can gradually increase throttle and it will rev up but is seems slow to come back down with a random backfire every once in a while. Idles rather high too. Kinda like its stuck in mid range with no powerband. Ive ripped apart the top end and carb apart numerous times and everything looks good. Swapped reeds and carbs with another blaster and still no luck. O plug chops come back light brown too. Maybe still a little rich. Could there be something in the bottom end that could cause this? I've read up on the forums for quite a while but this is the first post. Finally got stuck and can't figure this one out. Let me know what you think. Sorry for dumping on this thread...

Ok guys, sorry to just drop in on this thread but I couldn't figure out how to create a new one... I've got an 02 blaster, .40 over no airbox lid, k&n filter, TORS removed, gold series fatty pipe, powercore 2 silencer, 280 main jet 32.1 fuel mix wiesco piston kit. "3 hours on rebuild after proper break in." Ran great, better than it ever had on 2 different rides. Started it on the 3rd time out. started fine, ran good for about 20 min then "POP" backfire did it a couple of times and shut it off. Now... It just won't run...I can't figure it out. removed tors properly, compression test was good, airleak test showed a small leak around the reed cage. its fixed now after a new gasket. The bike will start, and idle. I can gradually increase throttle and it will rev up but is seems slow to come back down with a random backfire every once in a while. Idles rather high too. Kinda like its stuck in mid range with no powerband. Ive ripped apart the top end and carb apart numerous times and everything looks good. Swapped reeds and carbs with another blaster and still no luck. O plug chops come back light brown too. Maybe still a little rich. Could there be something in the bottom end that could cause this? I've read up on the forums for quite a while but this is the first post. Finally got stuck and can't figure this one out. Let me know what you think. Sorry for dumping on this thread...

I would suggest a leak test.

What size jets are in the carb? You need to start you own thread. Go to home page and click on engine? Then you will see "new topic" right under carburetor. Click new topic and go from there.

#300 main jet may help solve the problem, plug chop to confirm.

I have tested all the little box on another four wheel and it started. I even tested the kill switch on another quad and it work. what should I test now?

I have tested all the little box on another four wheel and it started. I even tested the kill switch on another quad and it work. what should I test now?

coil/wire, stator output either with an ohmmeter or 12v test light,
all wiring and ground connections

no black/white stripe wire should be contacting the frame/ground, or any solid black wires