gearing

well if you want more top end then get a larger front sproket or a small rear sproket

its vis versa for less top end and more accelartion

personally i would get the bigger rear sproket and get the accelartion

Im running 14/37 on 20s and as a comparison i can out accellerate and have a higher top speed than my friends piped yz250 B-)

If you have the power, you can run a taller ratio, and still have the accelleration you like, but just have more top speed. Id like to go to a 15/36 on my blaster still but cant do it yet, i still get through the gears too quick

For a stock or lightly modded blaster just adding one tooth to the front would be a good all around gearing :)

what about a 12/40 gearing? it should give it better acceleration and more power but sacrifice a few mph

that would be wat i would get.because they sell alot of sh*t to gain a lot of top end power.but the only way ta gain alot of accelartion is from the sprokets

yeah they have kits all over ebay for acceleration, top speed, or power with different gearing. i think im might just order the 12/40 gearing because i dont usual ride at top speed lol i just need more power for the sh*t i ride on

Heres a vid i made a while back just to give you an idea of gearing - this is 14-37 on 20s and i was doing a practice drag run. I think 14-37 is a good gearing for drag or all around riding, ive never had a problem with it. I have it jetted differently now though and can leave better so ill get a better vid today maybe. Do normal blasters get through gears fast like that? Im not sure if they do because ive never raced another blaster, i think mine has a decent amount of power though, and im a 200lb rider too. So if you have the power to pull the gears you wont be losing that much accelleration. :)

Last edited by a moderator: