gear ratio sprocket kit

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
Okay so I have a stock blaster was 19 inch tires on the back a stock swing arm I'm looking to get more acceleration and not lose a whole lot of top end I want a more open gearbox I feel like I don't get enough out of second and third I ride a good deal of technical stuff it's more of jumps turns borms I've got two places I like to ride in the woods with a circuit trail with all three things and pretty crazy hills and a wide open sand pit sand quarry with some technical stuff crazy hills borms woopty Doos and some nice jumps I'm not one of those guys who loves to go top speed straight I like technical precision riding where it's your skill that get you through it not just a quad please tell me what you think the best set up would be for me

It's a give/take game with gearing. If you want more acceleration, you'll have to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. Stock gearing is 14/40. In your case of wanting more acceleration, grab a 13 tooth sprocket. The back sprocket works the exact opposite. Throw on a higher tooth count for acceleration.

One thing I would highly recommend is if you plan on doing this simple upgrade, purchase a new chain/sprocket combo. Don't keep the same chain if you're looking at swapping out sprockets.

It's a give/take game with gearing. If you want more acceleration, you'll have to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. Stock gearing is 14/40. In your case of wanting more acceleration, grab a 13 tooth sprocket. The back sprocket works the exact opposite. Throw on a higher tooth count for acceleration.

One thing I would highly recommend is if you plan on doing this simple upgrade, purchase a new chain/sprocket combo. Don't keep the same chain if you're looking at swapping out sprockets.

thats what im planning on doin but i was told that stock is 13 40 not 14 40

Stock gearing is 13/40. What he said about dropping a tooth up front or raising teeth in back is true for more acceleration. He also stated a good point, it's give or take. If you want more acceleration then you will sacrifice top end. So when you say you want a bigger 2nd and 3rd, it isn't gonna happen unless you go for a bigger front sprocket and then you will lose some acceleration. Figure out which of the 2 you want more. Wider gear ranges or more acceleration. Dropping a tooth up front for more acceloration will make you gear ranges smaller

Try to use the search function more. You have posted like 20 new threads and almost all of them have been covered more than once already. Such as this.
but i was told that with a stock blaster adding a tooth wouldn't b good bc there wouldn't be enough power. ?

but i was told that with a stock blaster adding a tooth wouldn't b good bc there wouldn't be enough power. ?
I'm not positive because my blasters I've had weren't stock but to my knowledge a stock blaster isn't very fast so adding a tooth to a stock blaster would make it have less acceleration and more top end. Just ride it and if you don't mind less acceleration so you can have more top end then add a tooth. If you think it takes off too slow then drop it down a tooth and be prepared to shift faster. I got a highly modified blaster and if I stayed with stock sprockets then I'd be shifting as fast as I could move my foot so I went with the 14 tooth because I got the power to accelerate fast and wanted wider gears.

I'm not positive because my blasters I've had weren't stock but to my knowledge a stock blaster isn't very fast so adding a tooth to a stock blaster would make it have less acceleration and more top end. Just ride it and if you don't mind less acceleration so you can have more top end then add a tooth. If you think it takes off too slow then drop it down a tooth and be prepared to shift faster. I got a highly modified blaster and if I stayed with stock sprockets then I'd be shifting as fast as I could move my foot so I went with the 14 tooth because I got the power to accelerate fast and wanted wider gears.
have u uesd any of the ebay sprocket kit

Do your tires actually say 19 on the sidewall ?? If so they are smaller than stock (21") which is like being geared DOWN , quicker acceleration but lower top speed and makes the trans ratios seem closer.
Thought I explained the tire gearing well enough in your trans thread.

Biggest thing is you only have 17 HP stock. No matter how you gear it it will only accelerate only so quick, AMD only go just so fast.

Somebody PLEASE copy/paste the link to the gearing calculated thread here !!