Gas and oil premix experiment

wow this is a neat idea! ive always wondered how long it takes for the mixture to separate
this kind of reminds me of the the totise roll pop saying lol "how many licks does it take to reach the center of a totise pop?" but in ur case "how many days does to take for the oil to separate from the gas?" lol

what about a temperature control? monitor the temperature of the oil and ambient temperature everyday , extreme heat or extreme cold may have an effect on the suspension: it may also be helpfull to pour the gasoline into the container 1st ( glass graduated cylinder would be best , then add the proper amount of oil , and do not aggitate it , let it settle as is , so when a visual change does occur ( if it ever does ) it could be more easily recognized

off topic, but while you guys are talking about gas, i read the last dirtwheels about the gas myths and they seem to love this star brite star tron gas stabilizer. i though about trying it the next tank of gas has anyone tried it? if so how was it?

Day for and no apparent seperation.

Oh I put a thermomiter next to the bottle to show temp control.
photoMA27540423-0001.jpg

photoMA27540417-0002.jpg

I never heard of that myself JB....

off topic, but while you guys are talking about gas, i read the last dirtwheels about the gas myths and they seem to love this star brite star tron gas stabilizer. i though about trying it the next tank of gas has anyone tried it? if so how was it?
If your bike sits for any long time like say over the winter its not a bad idea to use stabilizer, but its safer to drain or if your cheap like me burn it up let it sit dry and then put fresh gas in it... gas goes bad very quick, and water moitsure builds up too.

600, don't turn it open now, it needs to be a SEPARATE experiment, so you can get a fair comparison between the 2

If your bike sits for any long time like say over the winter its not a bad idea to use stabilizer, but its safer to drain or if your cheap like me burn it up let it sit dry and then put fresh gas in it... gas goes bad very quick, and water moitsure builds up too.

What I think he is talking about is a gas additive but works as a stabalizer. It is for the sh*tty Ethanol gas so it doesnt get moistoried. It is in the March 2010 dirtwheels.

What I think he is talking about is a gas additive but works as a stabalizer. It is for the sh*tty Ethanol gas so it doesnt get moistoried. It is in the March 2010 dirtwheels.

yeah it stabilizes ethanol gas. heres a link and vid...

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - HOME

the gas probably wouldnt get that bad because it simulates a boat not a blaster. but you get the point right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 5 nothing I see no change.

I cant load up the pics photobucket aint working.

Also sorry about erasing the other pics was cleaning out my pics and didnt reliaze I erased them...

Day 6 no change............

Photobucket still not giving me a img. code so no pics again............................

Ok Here are the pics got photobucket too work
photoMA27570257-0002.jpg

photoMA27570269-0001.jpg

Last edited: