gas and Oil in gears case

myblasterfaster

Oct 2, 2009
I have gas in the oil in the gear case. I have the case pulled apart . I have the clutch basket off and the gear that sits on the crank . From what i have read I beleive the seal is leaking.. I rebuilt the engine complete bottom and top and think I may have used the wrong crank seal. The one that was in there was the same on both side just a rubber lip. I think the one that should have went in there was flat on the front almost like a bearing seal would be.

Clutch side oil seal has failed you.

Replace it and flush the gear box out and refill with a quality name brand oil recommended for wet clutches and youll be good to go.

Personally i dont care for using it all the time like some do but transmission fluid type f makes a good flush option due to high amounts of detergent.

it was a complete kit I think it failed right from the start lol after riding it for the first time i thought i had water in gearcase after riding it through some water but I actually think it was probably gas. I need to pull the motor and reseal the halves because I have a slight leak also.

anyone have a pic of a crank seal i want to see if i had the wrong one in there

You'r welcome
953b9c3b.jpg