FUN facts on population

blasterboy91

Feb 19, 2008
ARIZONA
i dont need a big fight about this..im just stating facts that i have found out..

fun facts about population...:
2000.....3.97% unemployment....5.7 million unemployed
2001.....4.75% unemployment....6.8 million unemployed
2002.....5.78% unemployment....8.4 million unemployed
2003.....5.99% unemployment....8.8 million unemployed
2004.....5.54% unemployment....8.2 million unemployed
2005.....5.08% unemployment....7.6 million unemployed
2006.....4.62% unemployment....7.0 million unemployed
2007.....4.63% unemployment....7.1 million unemployed
2008.....5.81% unemployment....8.9 million unemployed

The average number of unemployed workers per year during this period is 7.61 million. Comparing this to 2008 numbers, there are approximately 1.2 million more workers unemployed in 2008.

1.2 million divided by the current total workforce of 154,447,000 is .78% or less than 1% additional unemployment today as compared over this average period.

HOWEVER...during this same time period, the total US workforce increased from 142,267,000 in 2000 to 154,447,000 in 2008, OR an additional 12,180,000 workers!

SO...we added over 12 million workers to the US workforce since 2000...and the population of the US increased from 281.4 million in 2000 to 304.1 million in 2008 or a gain of 22.6 million!

YET...on average only 1.2 million more are unemployed in 2008??

NOW...consider this US Census Bureau population forecast;

2008 population...304.1 million
2010 forecast.....310.1 million or an increase of 6 million in just two years!
2015 forecast.....325.5 million which is 15.4 million additional people!
2020 forecast.....341.4 million which is 15.9 million additional people!
2025 forecast.....357.5 million which is 16.1 million additional people!!

Today, about 51% of the US total population is considered employable or wanting employment. If we use this same 51% factor against the population forecast increases above;

By 2010 another....3,060,000 will join the workforce!
By 2015 another....7,854,000 will join the workforce!
By 2020 another....8,109,000 will join the workforce!
By 2025 another....8,211,000 will join the workforce!!

A little more math tells us that within the next 17 years, based solely on US Census numbers, we will have an additional 27,234,000 people in the workforce! Divide this by the 17 years and this means on average the US needs at least 1,602,000 new jobs each year for no other reason other than to support the population gains.

Note; these numbers are net gains based solely on population gains which includes births and deaths, etc. meaning whatever quantity the population increases, 51% of them will desire work!

So what does all this crap mean?

First, I'm thinking the unemployment through 2008 is not as bad as we keep hearing. Yes lots of people are unemployed, but historically and on average over the past eight years, today we only have 1.2 million more unemployed or less than 1% of our entire workforce. And every day on our news outlets and from government we are bombarded with the litany of corporate layoffs, but we are not told how many also found work during each monthly period. We only hear the scary stuff...I wonder why?

Second, the US has a critical population problem which is obvious in workforce issues as stated above, but also is becoming a burden on many communities, the government, the environment, and natural resources. I guess I might say 'sorry' to potential emigrants but perhaps it's time to stop emigration until we have a handle on the economy and other population issues. And we need to have more talks with our kids about using condoms, and fertility doctors with patients like the lady who just gave birth to an entire litter in one fell swoop, need to be deported!

And third, it seems to me that the US cannot 'buy' it's way out of these problems! Stimulus packages from my perspective are about 99% political BS! Can any genius tell me what it is that American workers are going to be producing, within the private sector, in the next decade or so, which IS NOT funded by taxpayer bailouts/stimulus, that is going to provide jobs for an additional 27 million workers? The answer to this question will give the US a chance to once again compete in the global marketplace. If we cannot find this answer, then the US is doomed to mega-trillion$ debt and economic failure...

like i said NO FIGHTS!!!!...anyone like to comment?

no one???

I hear ya man, finally someone else did their homework and posted an opinion. People that do not particually understand politics or are scared of them or even scared of engaging in a conversation about them are a real problem now.

Its easy to sit back and point the finger at President George W. Bush and all the money that was spent on the "War" and blame those types of expenses on our economic downfall, but honestly if you read some literature and crunch some numbers, (if you're able to do more than add and subtract) then you can clearly see our government is really doing nothing more than using "Scare" tactics to make us believe we need them to do everything for us for our survival.

Im 25 yrs old and I can not honestly say that I do not know a person in my network of people that I see and spend time with on a monthly basis that does not have a job. Those that worked in the private industry of their career paths that lost their job or were laid off went out and found some sort of work that is now paying their bills. It may not be a job they like or it may mean taking two jobs to continue paying for their lifestyle, but regardless their doing it. Basically saying I do not know a person personally that went they lost their job went home and said "Thats it, lifes ruined now, nothing more I can do since I lost my job."

I guess I don't surround myself with lazy people or maybe I choose to be associated with true Americans.

Im glad you brought this up, it seems like some folks on here can't handle the truth or any information degrading the Democratic party or Republicans that are causing this catastrophe.

I listened to several people on a talkshow today that work in the dirtbike business producing some sort of product that are terrified of the coming days. Their product is produced by Americans, their business is owned by Americans, and is sold to 100 different retailers/distributors nationwide that employees Americans, and are being forced to stop selling their products that are designed and manufactured for youth atvs and dirtbikes. They have to wait no longer than one year to appeal legislation and many of these representives from these companies will be forced to close their doors from that one year wait.

Instead of the government working with these companies or the parents of the kids using these products they are simply shutting the industry down.

to be continued....