fuel mix ?'s

FSH4FUN

Sep 20, 2010
New Hampshire
Hello all. I am wondering if it would harm anything if I ran about a gallon or 2 of evinrude 2 stroke mixed at 50:1 through a stock blaster w/o oil injection . Got rid of boat now fuel for it Jr just sitting around wanna use it up. sorry if this type of question has been asked already, I thought I saw somethin like it but can't find it now. And is 32:1 a good mix for this bike?

just add a few ounces per gallon of oil to per gallon. figure out what the difference in ounces per gallon is between 32 and 50/1 and adjust appropriately

future reference. oil ratio=parts of fuel to 1 part oil. to find ratio take 128 divided by the ratio you want i.e. 32 x the # of gallons of gas= oz. of oil to add.

Thx everyone ill add a bitter more oil then mix it with 4 gal of reg mix. But is there much difference between marine 2 stroke oil and atv oil?

I have a buddy that dumps all sorts of crappy 2 stroke oil in his blaster. he doesn't care what it is and that damn think just keeps on thumpin. so it prob wouldn't hurt

You're taking a gamble with marine 2-stroke oil. I mean, a little bit isn't gonna hurt the engine, but keep in mind that marine oil is designed for water-cooled engines, which even at sustained full-throttle operation get nowhere near as hot as an air-cooled Blaster. Consequently, marine oils do not need to have as many anti-scuff (and other) additives since they aren't exposed to the same high temps. Plus, remember that the average outboard motor seldom runs over 5,000 RPM at full throttle. A blaster can hit 9K easy. Marine oil won't provide the same hi-temp and high RPM protection in your air-cooled Blaster as a good quality, motorcycle-grade 2-stroke oil such as Bel-Ray or Klotz.

I don't think you'll blow your engine by using outboard oil in it, but I wouldn't do it to my Blasty. I'd rather spend a little more on oil and a little less on having to replace a worn-out top end that was damaged, just 'cause I was trying to burn off a couple gallons of waste fuel. Lol.

i use the marine oil when i run out of clotz but its very seldom. it hasnt hurt nuthin yet but just be cautious.i hate doin it but when the nearest dealer is a hour drive away i do wat i can.lol