Fuel leaking everywhere

blasterking

May 25, 2009
gas pours out overflow on carb. I guess the float is sticking - do I need to replace anything else other than the float- when I take the carb apart and clean the float with carb. cleaner it works right for a little while about ten minutes or so then it starts pouring fuel out the carb. overflow again- Will replacing the float fix my problem- this is a 2005 yfs 200tl with low hours on it, mabe replace float- I dont know why it sticks is this common ?

Appreciate your response
Steve

You might need to adjust the float level or take it apart clean it real good and see what happens. It might need a rebuild the carb. Did the Blaster sit for long periods of time?

I agree with what has been said....just give it a real good cleaning again and check the float level. While you are cleaning it look at the rubber tip on the piece that regulates the flow, its the little valve that hooks to the floats. If that is worn or damaged it could be causing some problems.

when you pull out the needle that attached to the float take it and get some 400grit sand paper and sand the sides of the needle and it will stop sticking