Front hydros questions

monte715

Dec 1, 2009
Iowa
I just picked up a full set of 400 EX hydros the lower ball joint is a castle nut on both but the 400's is a castle nut and the blasty is not. So my question is are the upper ball joints able to be swapped out by knocking out the old upper ball joint and pressing in a 400 upper ball joint? I would appreciate someones help with this.

you could buy some aftermarket aarms then they'll bolt up. you you could drill the top of the spindle where the ball joint gos in and tap it and put a bolt it in some ppl do that with there banshee set up. i think there is a diy on exriders.

not a fan of the pinch bolt deal at all, i'd sell the 400ex stuff and get stuff to do the banshee fronts with a spindle setup from norman240. he does a killer conversion spindle for a very reasonable price.

another problem you may run into with trying to use the 400ex stuff is the front suspension geometry may be adversely affected. another thing is you would really need to check the ball joint taper as well to make sure it'd even go together. otherwise you're going to have to get a reamer or have someone ream the spindles for you.

ps where do you go riding? i'm from ames.....

Well for the price I picked up the complete front end I figured it might be worth a try. Ps I either ride in the corn field near my house or several of us usually go to Tama to their atv park.

Well for the price I picked up the complete front end I figured it might be worth a try. Ps I either ride in the corn field near my house or several of us usually go to Tama to their atv park.

I've got an extra set of spindles off a disc brake Warrior (I think). Same set-up I put on my blaster anyway....I could measure the distance between the mounting holes and shoot you a price if you're interested in new spindles. I don't thing your calipers wil work with them though :-/

not a fan of the pinch bolt deal at all, i'd sell the 400ex stuff and get stuff to do the banshee fronts with a spindle setup from norman240. he does a killer conversion spindle for a very reasonable price.

its norman 420.and with them spindle you can use warrior,banshee,raptor 250 hubs,calipers,rotors everything.i just bought some

i just bought a whole conversion from norman420 master cylinder, lines, spindles everything he makes a good setup and they work really good