front brakes grinding/squealing noise

Stinkle

Aug 10, 2015
When I bought it the rear brake didn't work at all as expected but my front's worked great. Then they started making a grinding or a squealing noise when I pulled them in. Just today I was riding down my street and pulled the brakes and they grinded real loud so I let out of them and when I pulled them in, they were hard then they were like pulling in nothing and stopped working. Now I have no brakes at all. I adjusted the front brake all the way tight. The little adjustment thing was on the last thread and the would work but I didn't trust it so I just screwed it back in and there is like an inch of play in the lever. Could the cable be snapped or just need pads? It's a 2000 Yamaha Blaster so it has the sh*t brakes.

There is also an adjustment on the hubs where the cable connects, each side will have its own thumb screw there. if you adjust it at the hubs be sure to do it in equal turns.

Would pay to pull the hubs off and check the pads. While on there clean everything up good. If the pads are good then great. Run some sandpaper on the inside of the hubs and a pass or two on the pads. Makes the surface better when making contact.

Would pay to pull the hubs off and check the pads. While on there clean everything up good. If the pads are good then great. Run some sandpaper on the inside of the hubs and a pass or two on the pads. Makes the surface better when making contact.
Thanks, i'll check it out after school tomorrow.

here's a video of the noise it they make. this is the day before they completely stopped working

I looked at them today and realized where the spring and cable slide into the little metal slot by the tire had popped out on one side. I popped it back in and was good to go.