From Pace quad to Race quad!

good idea not panning out?

lets get some real facts and pics up chaps!--stop the jabbering, its been a month and i want to see this!

We are porting the cylinder now, sorry about my last post, there might be some confusion because the very last post was actually Rubbersalt posting. I guess he didn't notice that I logged onto BF with my account.

Now that I have the camera, I will get video up soon, sorry to keep everyone waiting.

well been what feels like forever so wheres is the pics or progress reports. dont just talk the talk walk the walk lmao

Wow, never followed through with the postings. We'll, the machine has had it's fun. Pictures.

030.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG

yes, i resurrected a dead thread for what is now, a dead machine.

We had to little tolerance and toasted the head and piston. After it got hot, the piston was kissing the head. We're looking for a new head. And buy we're looking, i'm designing is what i mean. Within the year, I'll be prototyping a new Blaster head of my own design. Built from the plaster, sand, and wax up...:)

Had about 2 good days of riding before it died with the head we had on it.

It was a silly looking chambered head we found on ebay. My brother and I sat there, hung over, with a dremel, clearancing the squish on the head lol.

This was nasty fast to the T. The seat cover was done buy me, recovering from a hang over. It's my favorite.

Last edited:
Good to hear that you're still at it. Looking forward to seeing this head of which you speak. Would love to see some pictures of the head build as you go

Last edited:
Pics of the old head would be great !!

So you're planning to cast a complete head ??
What do you plan to achieve that can't be done with a rechambered stock head ??
Not being a smart azz, just curious.

Negative on building the pipe for this. We scored that pipe off ebay. It looked modified as is.

As for the RPM range, It's high up there, but it's not a light switch or needle skinny. It peaks, I'd guess around 10,500 RPM. That's were we typically build around. The edge of the engines safer limits. It's starts getting real hairy after that. Ring flutter becomes a problem and you exceed the safe 4000ft/s acceleration for forged pistons.

I'll have to locate the beat up rechambered head. It's got a beautiful ring that matches up to the piston. And it wasn't detonation!

The head I'm looking at building will have much better cooling and allow me to run more compression safely. I know what I'm going to say already exist, but imma do it. I'm creating a liquid cooled head. It'll cost me much less to manufacture one than it would be to buy or even have ours rechambered. I also don't trust the machinest to follow the specs I'll need. This is a quick peak of my current idea. I havn't calculated the squish yet.

This will be a 2 part casted head There's more to be done (like the top lol), I just started modeling it yesterday. Blaster head design.JPGBlaster head design2 .JPG

I'm at work, doing this on down time. I wish i had the measurements of the bolt holes! It's also being set up to use a stock head gasket and o-rings to seal the lid up (once drawn). The o-rings sizes i used are readily avaliable at autostores.

I know what your thinking. Theres no water pump. But alas! That's in the works too. ;)