friendly helmet reminder

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
just thought that i would share my latest, of many why u should wear a helmet story.

I recently fell skiing, i freeski, and fell doing a pretty routine trick, however, at high speed. after knocking the wind out of myself and almost throwing up. i did a couple more runs. woke up the next morning feeling like i got run over by a bus and had zero energy for 3 day and couldnt hardly get off the couch, and only did to move to my bed or go to the washroom.

made it to the hospital the second day, got diagnosed for my third concussion that i have gone to the hospital for. i am since back on the hill. and this was by far my worst concussoon. if i wasnt wearing a helmet i may have been the newest edition to veggie tales

brain buckets....they're not just for the kids on the short bus anymore !!!!!

Helmets are a great invention lol, I was never really bothered about where a helmet until i saw my dad and sister both come off theirs quads sister with helmet and dad without, but it made me think and now i wear a helmet without fail. :D

I know exactly what you mean! I was snowboarding yesterday, I was just hitting little jumps on the side of the trails then WHAM. I hit my head really hard and found out I got a concussion. First one and hopefully my last.

Wish everyone used one. This tragic accident could of been avoided by the use of a helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
just thought that i would share my latest, of many why u should wear a helmet story.

I recently fell skiing, i freeski, and fell doing a pretty routine trick, however, at high speed. after knocking the wind out of myself and almost throwing up. i did a couple more runs. woke up the next morning feeling like i got run over by a bus and had zero energy for 3 day and couldnt hardly get off the couch, and only did to move to my bed or go to the washroom.

made it to the hospital the second day, got diagnosed for my third concussion that i have gone to the hospital for. i am since back on the hill. and this was by far my worst concussoon. if i wasnt wearing a helmet i may have been the newest edition to veggie tales

So that's what wrong with you, here I thought it was that cold Canadian air!
Glad your OK! No more falls Super trooper!!

Great thread! My brain has taken plenty of bad beatings in a helmet.....especially a football helmet ;)

Glad you're alright, man. I hate seeing people ride with no helmets. Kids around here seem to think that's the cool thing to do nowadays. I'd rather be lame and wear a helmet than be immobile in a hospital...

Glad you're alright, man. I hate seeing people ride with no helmets. Kids around here seem to think that's the cool thing to do nowadays. I'd rather be lame and wear a helmet than be immobile in a hospital...

Ya. They'll think there real cool when there sitting in a wheel chain drooling and sh*tting there self.