Fresh Rebuild Start

MasonBraaps

Jul 9, 2015
96' blaster with fresh rebuild, tried kicking it over for awhile almost fired up a couple times but didn't
TORS deleted
Plugs wet
Has good spark
Aftermarket jets
(For my fmf and air filter)
Just throw me some ideas or suggestions that could help me thanks!

OK. Make sure the air filter is clean and nothing is shoved in the tube coming to the carb, like a rag or towel. (Been known to happen).

Check in on your reeds. If they are blown or not sealing, it will make for hard or no starts.

OK. Make sure the air filter is clean and nothing is shoved in the tube coming to the carb, like a rag or towel. (Been known to happen).

Check in on your reeds. If they are blown or not sealing, it will make for hard or no starts.
I have to take the engine apart to check my reeds right?

no you just have to take the carb off and unscrew the 4 bolts on intake boot on the cylinder and the reeds are behind that , just pull them out.

check for crack, chips and gaps in the reeds if you see any of those replace your reeds

no you just have to take the carb off and unscrew the 4 bolts on intake boot on the cylinder and the reeds are behind that , just pull them out.

check for crack, chips and gaps in the reeds if you see any of those replace your reeds
Alright, thanks

Alright, thanks

Do I have to replace any gaskets or anything like that it is it just four bolts that keep it good?

Do I have to replace any gaskets or anything like that it is it just four bolts that keep it good?

If you have a good flashlight, and can bend your neck good, pop the carb out and look in on your reeds that way. If you see a problem, then remove the cage.

It's worked for many of us numerous times.

If you have a good flashlight, and can bend your neck good, pop the carb out and look in on your reeds that way. If you see a problem, then remove the cage.

It's worked for many of us numerous times.
Looked at them and they seem fine

The spark must be crisp and light blue.

How many PSI is the great compression.

Have you leak tested since re build?

Does the carb drip fuel?

Is the exhaust free from blockage?

Are you holding the throttle open when you kick it?

Last edited:
The spark must be crisp and light blue.

How many PSI is the great compression.

Have you leak tested since re build?

Does the carb drip fuel?

Is the exhaust free from blockage?

Are you holding the throttle open when you kick it?
It does have that spark...carb dosent drip...exhaust is good...haven't leak tested