fresh motor need advice.

bored03

Feb 11, 2012
columbus, ne
I just got my motor back from a total rebuild. Its a 67.5 forged piston, mild port job, aftermarket reeds (dont know the make), 36mm pwk airstraker (155 main, 50 poilt), uni 2 stage filter and air intake pipe,full toomey exaust system, forged crank and rod. i had it leak down tested and it passed it. i was wondering if thats a good starting point on the jetting. i the bdont want to run it til i make sure. i have had somebad luck with the blasters, but i keep learning more lol. but any help would be great thanks

Your jetting is a little on the rich side, which is good for breaking in a new engine. Its much better to start a little rich and lean things out than to do it the opposite way.

As long as your engine passed a leakdown test (good for you for doing one!!), there's no reason to wait. Fire it up, do your heat cycles, re-check your head bolt torque, and go riding.

You will likely end up with a 45 or 48 pilot, and somewhere around a 150 main when done jetting. It all depends on your elevation and temperature.

Best advice? Read up on plug chops on here, do some, and check your jetting that way. That way, you won't fry your top end.