frame gaurds

well i see they are like 50 bucks on ebay..i can get some scrap aluminum and make some for prolly a few bucks

i'll be on that mod soon too, been lookin at it for a while now

i made some out of 22g steel i had layin around.i was pretty simple.on the left side i just bolted it to the little cross bar that has holes in it and used a conduit hanger for the bottom of it.on the right side i made it come up to where the fender bracket goes to the frame and where the heel guard bolts to the frame and then for the bottom of that one made it bolt to where the swingarm bolt is.i just bent it around the frame to mount there with a hammer then painted them black.i would take pics but i dont have a camera

I was thinking about going to Home Depot, and picking up some 1 1/2"clear plastic tubing, and cutting it to length and slitting it down the back. Pop it on around the frame where it typically wears, and voila, you've got transparent rubber frame guards...

thats an idea....might rattle around tho

Well, as log as you get the right size tubing, being a little smaller in inside diameter than the frame tubes, and slit down the back, they should fit pretty tight... I'm going to do it this weekend, and I'll take pictures of what I'm talking about if I'm not being clear.