For Sale/Wanted rules suck

Teqmod

Mar 22, 2010
OK, I am sure there are reasons for this but for me it obviously does not work well. I am new to the forum as I just recently picked up a blaster that needs some work. Technical help on here is excellent. Now I need a few things like brake lights, Block off kit and such so I went to the For Sale and wanted area and the rules prohibit me. I am sure I am not that different of a case then most prople that join the forum. By the time I meet the requirements to use this section, I won't need to. Newbies need parts and are usually looking for them on the cheap so they can get up and running. Not only is this a dis-service to the newbies but the sellers who want to sell off their leftover crap can't sell to newbs because of this. XJMA has a block off kit but does not allow PMs so I can't contact this person. I could have used PayPal and he'd have the money. I can see it for being able to sell because it is standard practice to pay the person and trust they send you the goods but to block a buyer makes very little sense to me. Oh well, I guess the people who made this rule don't really want to sell anything or are still bitter about some transaction they should have been more careful with.

Not necessarily true. It said 30 posts and as of right now I only have 25. I am sure there are reasons for it but I have gone outside the forum for a carb, gotta go outside for the block off kit and will probably have to for the light. After that I might need something down the road but not in the immediate future.

At least this bumps my post count a little and w/ a supporting membership I might be allowed.

pay_up_sucker_green.jpg

While I am still a newb and have a feeling I will become a supporting member as this is the best Blaster site I have found. Checking the site out and this was one issue I had. If I immediately paid to support every site I visited I would have no money for the hobby. Not being independently wealthy is a biotch. I know I know only $10 but here is a question..... Why would I support a site that does not allow me to pawn my goods to all members not just the ones who have paid up??

i think the rules should be changed on the wanted section at least.a newb cant rip someone off by wanting to buy stuff.they should atleast be able to post in the wanted section but keep the for sale section as it is now.just my thoughts

While I am still a newb and have a feeling I will become a supporting member as this is the best Blaster site I have found. Checking the site out and this was one issue I had. If I immediately paid to support every site I visited I would have no money for the hobby. Not being independently wealthy is a biotch. I know I know only $10 but here is a question..... Why would I support a site that does not allow me to pawn my goods to all members not just the ones who have paid up??

Because this isn't ebay, yes you can buy and sell on here and get pretty good deals but it's also a Technical site, to help you add/fix/mod/tune your blaster. I didn't become a member to sell or buy things I became a member because I knew nothing about blasters and in a few short months I'm able to do a comlete rebuild and the guys on here are great it's a family. I'm not wealthy either but i believe that for the little monatery donation asked I get 10 fold back!:D

here's the way that I look at it, i've gotten waaaaaaaay more than 10 bucks a year worth of technically advice and help from this site.

I also agree that anybody should be able to post in the wanted section

i agree as well i'm new here as well and i know there's some members who probably have the last 2 parts i need for my blaster but i haven't made my donation yet so i haven't bothered asking yet. (yes i will be donating soon just waiting on my bonus so i can load up my paypal account and go have so fun on ebay)

Because this isn't ebay, yes you can buy and sell on here and get pretty good deals but it's also a Technical site, to help you add/fix/mod/tune your blaster. I didn't become a member to sell or buy things I became a member because I knew nothing about blasters and in a few short months I'm able to do a comlete rebuild and the guys on here are great it's a family. I'm not wealthy either but i believe that for the little monatery donation asked I get 10 fold back!:D

I am just trying to point out what I feel is a flaw in the rules for this particular section of the forum. I agree you should have either a number of posts or be a supporting member to actually post something for sale in this section. I do not agree that someone should not be allowed to respond to one of these posts or put up a wanted post. The newbies are the ones who are going to want/need items more than a seasoned veteran or someone who is supporting because they realized how good, informative the members are. As a newbie, receiving help from the site but not able to get the parts I needed and helping another member by giving him the business seemed like a bad idea. This is a way of supporting the site members who answer all of the questions which in turn keeps the site going as well. Now that I am a supporting member maybe my opinion will mean more. Maybe this should be revisited?

too change ur name to green, go into ur user cp......then group memberships and click "indentify urself as a supporter".......thanx for supporting