FMF, Pro Curcuit or Toomey

Jaybud11

Aug 2, 2015
Sorry for the last empty post, wanted to get your guys opinions on which titled product to use. I have a original stock carb and fatty pipe. Thanks

I'm a huge Toomey advocate, that pipe pulls so hard. My bike is stock other than the Toomey pipe, K&N filter, Boyesen power reeds and filter cover removed and I love it.

I've never ride pro circuit so I can't speak for that pipe but I have FMF and it's a good pipe but I guess it depends on where you are looking for the power.

Reactions: Jaybud11
Depends on your riding style and goals, if I am not mistaken the toomey makes more hp across the board (a low end pipe may make a little more on bottom), with the highest peak HP versus, the FMF or the procircuit.

FMF Fatty Low-Mid torque pipe.
Pro circuit Mid-Mid High pipe. More power than Fatty
FMF SST Comparable to the PC pipe is said to have a little more on top
Toomey B1 Mid- High pipe has a nice wide meaty midrange, with a good strong kick on top, hits hardest a little before where torque (Low-mid) pipes fall off.

I am not expert by far, my blaster came with a DG which has a range similar to the Fmf fatty but not as strong (from what i've heard), I put on a Toomey B1 and got about 30 minutes to an hour on it before I drove the rpms up up up looking for where the Toomey's power band dropped off, my poor old used abused, got a little piston slap motor just couldn't take the rpm and shed a skirt. But i will say it had awesome midrange power, and a really strong wide power band. I was quite impressed with the power my worn out motor could make.
If you were to bump the clutch at the right time while putting around in third (14/40 gears on 18" tires) it would literally stand up and bark, had to watch your balance if you wanted to stay on the gas. Thankfully I was already gearing up for a rebuild piston slap, air leaks, and quite obviously a ton of hours was a pretty good indicator that it was past time.

In my book you can't beat the Toomey if you want strong predictable power for riding fast on general trails, or XC type situations.
I hear alot of people have been happy with the SST by FMF as well but really don't know much of anything g about it.

Add to that list of deeeebeeeee, DMC Alien for an awesome low hit.

Rule of thumb, low/mid pipe small ( even stock ) carb.

Mid/high pipe, large carb.

The Toomey runs awesome across its powerband with the stock carb.