FMF Fatty

06twostroker

Jun 14, 2012
breck county, kentucky
I have been looking at different pipes for a few months now, since the day I got my blaster. I know most people say right bend or Toomey, and those who do recommend FMF they say buy it used. I couldnt afford a right bend and Toomey seems really expensive too especially for a left bend. Since im normally in tight trails and hillclimbs with not much room the gain speed I figured that if I needed a low-mid pipe. The FMF fit the bill. It seems like it could have been pieced together better but the material seems sturdy enough. I have heard about other pipes being thin and this doesnt seem so bad although it is my first aftermarket expansion chamber I have bought for a bike so I have nothing to compare it to. The powerband is right where I want it and there is plent of power there. I bought my pipe new for $193. Got the powercore 2 a couple months ago for $100 new. Both free shipping from Dennis Kirk. If anybody is considering a FMF exhaust I highly recommend it. It may not be the best but its not the most expensive either. Its a great pipe and mine runs amazing with a 280 main jet, needle in the middle and pilot stock. 700 elevation at 75 degrees. The fit and finish is great and it sounds like a motocrosser. Wheelspinning torque through 4th gear (even after i changed my 13-42 gearing back to factory). Its a great pipe! In my opinion worth every penny too, even buying it brand new.I:I

We got a used fmf fatty gold and power core 2 on my sons white blaster and I have no issues with a FMF. Seems fine to me.

I dont think there should be any haters on anything you have or use. People should be respectfull of what you enjoy, prefer and like.

The most important opinion is your owns !

Sporty

I am in no way knocking the performance of the FMF as it is a great pipe.

For my money the DMC Alien is my choice, comparable powerband, but much better leak free fitup, and IMHO the best sounding left bend on the market

^^^^^ tru dat .... tried 5 or 6 dif pipes and the fmf was the best for us

DSC04204.jpg

i hav a all stock blaster with different tires but tahts it do i have to mess with the carb at all like jetting and stuff like that