FMF Fatty -vs- FMF SST

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
What's up guys? Okay so I was wondering if anybody has went from a stock to both of these headers or to either one, and another question I have is if the SST will mount up with a Power Core2 silencer? The listing on eBay says the sst header must be used with the sst silencer but I have a feeling he's wrong... Any info on the performance from first hand experience on both headers will be great I can't make a decision on what one to get until I hear some of your opinions. Thanks!

Fmf=joke get a toomey...............but if i had to get a fmf it would be the fatty they have pretty good bottom but lose it up top...

Fmf=joke get a toomey...............but if i had to get a fmf it would be the fatty they have pretty good bottom but lose it up top...

Ya I hear you on that man but FMF really ain't too bad of a pipe but like you said Toomey is the way to go... Unfortunately money is a big issue since I have a 5 1/2 month son so I gotta sacrifice & I also already own a power core 2 silencer.

Alright so I guess he was right then about having to match it up with a turbine core silencer then?!?!?... Looks like I'm getting a fatty tonight (wouldn't be the first time I've done it haha)

Yeah there a good pipe pipr for stockish moters an since your on a budget an already got the silencer get the fmf.........

I like my SST set up.I run it on my BBK with no issues and i ran with just a .050 wiseco stock head/jug combo and too liked it then.

The SST is the high end fmf and it pulls through the rpms just fine!

I personally think people jump on the band wagon with the "BUY A TOOMEY" comments.If toomey was gods gift to the blasters there wouldnt be any other pipes out.Personally if i swap pipes ill be skipping the toomey band wagon all together and getting a DYNOPORT had one on my kdx its a bad ass pipe!

Now since moneys an issue here and you have half of it id say go with the fatty since you have a silencer to go with it and it will save you a bunch.If you were to buy a kit id say SST of the two.

Dont get me wrong i have no issues with toomey i have toomey T6's for my banshee but theres alot better pipes than toomeys for the blaster and theres no reason to only suggest a toomey calling fmf sh*t.

I personally think people jump on the band wagon with the "BUY A TOOMEY" comments.If toomey was gods gift to the blasters there wouldnt be any other pipes out.Personally if i swap pipes ill be skipping the toomey band wagon all together and getting a DYNOPORT had one on my kdx its a bad ass pipe!

Dont get me wrong i have no issues with toomey i have toomey T6's for my banshee but theres alot better pipes than toomeys for the blaster and theres no reason to only suggest a toomey calling fmf sh*t.

i couldn't have said that better myself

i'm still waiting for someone to show me where a toomey equipped blaster has ever won any race ????
i can provide that info for FMF's and F7's

Dude i never said it was wasnt a good pipe but my ported cylinder with a toomey has great bottom and amazing top.. toomeys are a good pipe NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GODS GIVEN GIFT...an how am i band wagon when i own one????????????????? Yes theres better pipes but toomey runs good on stock moters to ported moters all around good pipe....

Last edited:
Dude i never said it was wasnt a good pipe but my freind has a fatty an hes always behind me.. damn toomeys are a good pipe NEVER CLAIMED IT WAS GODS GIVEN GIFT...an how am i band wagon when i own one????????????????? Yes theres better pipes but toomey runs good on stock moters to ported moters all around good pipe....

that wasn't the point, the point was..... this was a fatty vs. sst thread, and somehow, someone always has to sneak in a toomey comment.
that had nothing to do with either pipe in question

well, since mr. kgibson decided to have a hissy fit and leave here, i'll relay his findings............. on his sons jordans bike, he tried just about every pipe out there, including a toomey, and returned to the fmf, as it pulled the hardest in the rpm ranges jordan ran on the dade city mx track, which led to numerous holeshots and wins
if the way you ride, or plan to ride resembles an mx race, but in the trails, the fmf has proven to be a winner
if you give a rats ass, which i don't, if you can beat your freind across a 500 ft. feild, then the fmf probably isn't best for that situation, so yes, there are alot better pipes for top end , but the fmf's do great for low to mid/high power, then fall out of the power band at high rpm's

i say get the fatty, you already have the silencer, and you'll be more than happy versus a stock pipe

BTW...we just picked up a fatty equipped bike yesterday, but have a few things to fix before we can give any ride reports, it'll be my first experience with an FMF, and i can't wait to put it thru the paces here in the trails

.........................................................................................dynoport.............

Last edited by a moderator:
This a local racer on a blaster with a dyno port no one out runs him.......we didn race across a feild?????

Last edited: