Float level adjustment set, still leaking

dakota.perrin

Apr 25, 2012
So I keep trying to set my float and I set it at 21 mm off of where the gasket sit's, it has new seat and plunger. And it still gushes, only way to make it not gush is bend the tang out of spec. Is there another way to set the float height. I remember seeing something about a clear hose method but I can't seem to find it. Even when I have the floats adjusted close to what I think is right. It doesn't idle correctly. It seems like it's flooding because it seem to run right if I shut the gas off . It revs perfect right before it runs out of fuel

This is a generic pic but basically what you need to do.
ClearTubeTest_zpsebce3a71.jpg

Check for a dimple worn into the tang on the float that the needle rests on. Check to see if the float is bent so that the float is rubbing on the side of the bowl. Contrary to popular belief, I'm pretty sure the floats are not hollow. I've never smashed one open to find out. They are probably made of nitrophyl. A sponge like material that can possibly absorb gas and get heavy. Also make sure the O ring around the outside of the seat is not damaged.

Reactions: FF119
After rebuilding my carb, mine still overflows occasionally. A couple taps on the float bowl with a screwdriver handle or something similar normally fixes it for awhile for me.

If you have to hit the carb with anything then something should be fixed.

Continually hitting the carb may put the float out of adjustment.

Well completely went through carb again cleaned and everything brand new and sure enough put it on and turn on the gas and it gushes. But a tap on the side with a screwdriver and no more leaks. Lol I don't know what's Goin on but it only leaks after I take it apart and put it back together a tap and it seals

if it is not the floats then?
replace the drain screw
dont you still have the wrong slide in there as well:D
order that too