Flat spot on takeoff

michaelbell85

Dec 31, 2011
Divernon Illinois
So trying to tune my carb starts up and runs then when i bob the throttle for take off i get a bog.After the bog it runs like hell.Do i needle to adjust needle or possibly buy a bigger slow jet.Got a 30mm oko carb 48slow 148 main in it now.

yep, as dakota said,
what airscrew setting does it idle the highest and rev clean to 1/2+ throttle ??
1/2 turn or under = larger pilot (slow)
over 2 turns out = smaller pilot
floats must be to spec first

then move on to adjusting needle clip position, then main jet

yep, as dakota said,
what airscrew setting does it idle the highest and rev clean to 1/2+ throttle ??
1/2 turn or under = larger pilot (slow)
over 2 turns out = smaller pilot
floats must be to spec first

then move on to adjusting needle clip position, then main jet

Yuuuuup. Awk's right on it.

ten four will try tomorrow i thin k its getting to much air no air box pod filter if that matters

straight pod filter directly on the carb ??? ......notoriously hard to tune,
needs a "velocity tube" 4-6" to allow the air to straighten out before hitting the carb

straight pod filter directly on the carb ??? ......notoriously hard to tune,
needs a "velocity tube" 4-6" to allow the air to straighten out before hitting the carb

true story! this has been battled by a lot of people, add the tube and try it again. this may sort out the issue

pvc pipe and "fernco" fittings, from any hardware, plumbing, lowes, home depot stores

all you need is a straight piece of tube and then a coupler to put it on the carb. just get a piece of exhaust tube or similar that's the same OD as the filter side of the carb, then get a fernco coupler to put them together. you can do a little tuning with the length to see what it likes