Fixed the troubles.

GrungeGod494

Jul 20, 2010
Portage,PA
My blaster for a month or so, was always bogged down, had barely any kick to the powerband, back brakes didn't work, and couldn't climb or jump. Well after getting new reeds, and sitting down for...an hour and a half roughly, taking my carb apart piece by piece and soaking it in gasoline, put it back together and threw it back on with my new reeds. It started up fine, ran fine, and it's better on fuel now because of the dual stage reeds. Well my back brakes weren't working, so i took the entire rear brake assembly apart, put the new pads on, and noticed that the self-adjuster in the brake wasn't working. So after numerous outbursts of cussing, I got it fixed, and my brakes work like new. I just need to get a hang of jumping on the blaster, because I've almost went over the handlebars 3 times now. Any tips on hitting a jump?

keep on the throttle all the way to the end of the jump. are you landing on a down ramp or just flat?

look around for some banshee front shocks, and a trx400ex or trx250r rear. they're pretty cheap and great upgrades over stock

i im glad u fixed it i had the same problems so i put new reeds in and cleaned the carb but i still havent fixed the brakes yet lol

i im glad u fixed it i had the same problems so i put new reeds in and cleaned the carb but i still havent fixed the brakes yet lol

pull back the black cover on your back brake (looks similar to what covers your throttle cable) and adjust that nut, until the cable has some freeplay, then push up and down on the lever. it takes awhile, but you'll get it.

way to go buddy, now when can i come out and show you how to jump???

or everyone could have a party at awks he can bring the beer lol

im underage but...nobody here cares right? cause if you do you suck. and fair warning bud, when you get your back brake fixed, if your going to slam down on it, pull the clutch in, or you will stall.

im underage but...nobody here cares right? cause if you do you suck. and fair warning bud, when you get your back brake fixed, if your going to slam down on it, pull the clutch in, or you will stall.

haha joke bro and if ur back brakes are anything like my cables were then they will quit working in like 2 days carrry and alen wrench with u on the trails for it just in case